XVII

Hades' point of view

My body swayed softly with Ella's, her small form pulled close in my embrace as we danced peacefully through the West Wing. 

My mind raced with what she had confessed. She loved me, despite who I am and what I represent - she loved me. 

I sighed peacefully as I watched her. She smiled timidly to herself as her gaze drifted across the expanse of the room. I had built the West Wing for her many years ago and had always longed to bring her here. 

I wished that time would stop and it would just be us two dancing through the garden I had made for her, our bodies moving to a soundless love song they both seemed to know. 

For the first time in my entire existence, I wondered if this was fate? Was it foolish of me to think that this woman in my arms was meant to be mine? Everything that had happened up to this point leads me to believe that maybe this was fate. 

Maybe her soul was destined for mine, and just maybe everything would work out. 

I desperately begged that this would be true, but I had no god to pray to. 

I stared down at her once more, trying desperately to distract my thoughts, and it worked. Her head laid on my chest and her arms fitted perfectly around my torso. 

"I want to show you something else," I said, breaking the silence that had fallen between us. 

"More?" She asked. 

"Come with me," I smiled. 

I took her hand in my mine and directed her towards the double oak doors at the other end of the room. I pulled them open easily and we walked out. 

The late morning sun began to warm up the land, but it didn't do much to suppress the howling winds. There would be a storm soon, maybe tomorrow or the day after that. 

We strode through the castle gardens and chatted about nonsense. 

We quickly reached the entrance to the castle and I lead her in, we turned many corridors and I knew that if she was alone she would get lost. 

I watched her eyes twinkle with curiosity as she glanced at the many portraits on the walls. Eventually, we reached her destination. 

I let go of her hand and faced her, "I want to show you this before breakfast." 

"What is it Hades?" She asked faintly. 

I smiled at her and pushed the doors open, gently nudging her inside. 

Her mouth dropped open as she stared at the scene before her. Her eyes were wide and I couldn't help but smile at her reaction. 

Her eyes roamed the large library, falling on the countless books I had filled it with for her. There was a warm fire humming in the corner near the large windows. Countless chairs and sofas were scattered across the room, ready for her use. 

The room was lit by the late morning rays of the sun and I hoped that she liked it. 

She hesitantly stepped towards the spiraling staircase that would take you up to the second floor. Her hands gently touched the wooden banister. 

"Oh Hades," she whispered, turning towards me with tears in her eyes, "It's beautiful." 

"My sweet, why are crying?" I  worriedly asked, stepping towards her slowly and wiping away the few tears that had escaped. 

"It's all too beautiful," she admitted, and I smiled at her happily. 

"While it is all yours, this room is out of bounds to everyone except you and me. It is your library Ella," I said.