Sparks

10 - Sparks

Pan could feel her eye twitching as she scrolled through her text messages. It had been months since she had heard anything from her previous classmates. When she had stopped going to public school and began homeschooling, none of them had bothered to check up on her or see how she was doing. All of them had believed the rumors Shun had spread about her.

Then, a week ago, Pan appeared as a cooking assistant on a Food Network show in collaboration with Capsule Corp, and suddenly, all the people she went to school with wanted to know how she was doing. They asked questions about what she had been up to, what she was having, and when her baby was due. Pan had ignored all the texts and would probably end up blocking the numbers, especially the ones that asked if she had talked to Shun.

"Panny!"

Pan glanced away from her phone and smiled as Hana rushed towards her. The three-year-old had her lavender hair up in pigtails that bobbed cutely as she ran towards Pan. She stopped and showed off her new swimsuit.

"Wow, Hana! You were right! You are a mermaid!" Pan gasped. Hana's top was a coral pink that clipped around her neck for support. Her bottoms were a ruffled, teal blue. The material the swimsuit was made out of made it look like it was shimmering.

"My Barbie too!" She held up her doll which had bright pink hair and a purple tail. "We go swim with Nono!"

"Hana," Trunks walked past her and opened up the backdoor. "Go on outside. Nona and Nono are out there by your pool already."

Hana didn't waste another second and took off outside with a yell. Pan giggled after Hana. Behind Brief Manor was a pool that she had swum in many times growing up, but Hana was still too little to get in it without an adult holding her. So Vegeta had bought her a mini pool that was small enough for Hana to sit in it and splash and play comfortably.

Trunks shut the screen door and left the main door open before he turned around towards Pan. "Are you okay?"

Her eyes widened in surprise. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"You looked annoyed a minute ago when you were looking at your phone," he gave a small shrug. "You're not getting weird messages, are you? I know the Food Network tagged you in their social media post, and I saw you were getting a lot of followers."

Pan let out a small laugh. "If you're talking about weird messages from strangers, I haven't gotten any of those yet. It's my classmates," she mumbled. "They're suddenly interested in how I'm doing and about my baby."

"Those assholes," Trunks muttered.

"They're only texting me because I was on the show," Pan sighed. "I'm not responding to any of them."

"I'm sorry, Panna," Trunks said. "I didn't know asking you to be on the show would cause this."

"It's not your fault, Trunks," Pan shook her head. "Actually, I should be thanking you. I enjoyed myself a lot more than I thought I would. Chef Julie said I was a natural, and she even asked me to think about taking her cooking courses."

"Really?" Trunks' eyes widened. "That's amazing, Panna!"

She could feel herself growing warm at his praise. She had always enjoyed cooking with her Mama, but it wasn't until she went on the show that she realized how much she liked it. "Thank you," she said. "I told her it would be at least a year before I would consider it. I want to have baby boy first and be there for him when he needs me the most."

"That's understandable. I'm so glad you had fun and enjoyed it," he smiled. "I knew you would be a natural."

"I was thinking of starting to make cooking vlogs, and teaching people how to make meals. If I'm good enough, I can get sponsors, and make a living out of it. It's something I could do easily and still be there for the baby."