A Ghost From the Past

18 - A Ghost From the Past

3 Years Later

Trunks could feel his eye twitching as Mira sat three new envelopes on his desk. For the last two weeks, he had been receiving at least two letters a day from the same person. At first, the person had called and somehow managed to receive the extension to Mira's line. From there, the person left countless messages and called five times a day until the number had been blocked. Then the letters started to arrive.

Trunks was close to losing his mind. The last three years had been so blissful for him. Pan had married him. They were happy and in love. He had adopted Trugo, and Pan adopted Hana. Trunks had been so wrapped up in his happiness that he had nearly forgotten about the person who could attempt to ruin it.

Hana was seven years old. Every day, she grew more beautiful. Her lavender hair was long and curly. Her silver eyes were bright and beautiful. Although she was spoiled, she was sweet and caring. She, along with Trugo was his and Pan's entire world.

His daughter was seven years old, so why was her birth mother now trying to have anything to do with her? Trunks guessed that the woman didn't even want to see Hana. Most likely, she was low on money. It had been several years, but she had gotten into some trouble that hindered her modeling career and made her agency void her contract.

Trunks picked up the letters and handed them back to Mira. "If any more of these arrive, just shred them, okay?"

Mira nodded, "Yes, Mr. Brief. I'll let the mail department know. Is this something I should inform Ms. Marron about?"

Trunks let out a long sigh. Marron was no longer his secretary. By the time she had arrived back from maternity leave, Trunks had been promoted from the Supervisor of Sales to the Capsule Corps Vice President. Since he was moving up in the company, he wanted his friend to move up with him, and he placed her as a manager in the HR department. Now she was training to be a supervisor. Mira had thankfully stayed as Trunks' new secretary, and having been trained by Marron herself, she was a damn good one.

"No," Trunks shook his head. "I'll tell her myself at a later time."

Mira nodded and turned to leave Trunks' office. Just as she was walking out, Pan walked in. She greeted Mira with a friendly smile before she walked further into Trunks' office. Her smile turned into a frown as she spotted him.

"What's wrong?" She raised an eyebrow. "I brought you some lunch."

"Thank you, Panna." Trunks' lips twitched in appreciation, but he knew his smile didn't reach his eyes. He stood up and met Pan at the small table in the corner of his office. He knew he had to tell her what was happening. In all ways that mattered, she was Hana's mother.

Trunks sat down and watched as Pan unpacked the basket she brought and opened up the lunchboxes full of several sides. Her cooking continued to get better, in Trunks' opinion. Her cooking vlogs were one of the most popular ones out there, and he was her number one fan, of course.

Trunks sighed. "She's been trying to contact me," he told Pan as she poured them some water to drink.

"Who has?"

"Kino Fujiwara."

Pan choked on her drink. Trunks gasped and reached over to pat her back as she wiped her mouth. "Are you serious?" She wheezed.

"Yeah," Trunks frowned. "Are you okay?"

Pan cleared her throat and turned in her chair to face Trunks. "What do you mean she's been trying to contact you?"

"First, she called. I blocked her number and now she's sending letters. I just told Mira to shred them if any more came in."

"How long has this been going on?"