- ponyboy imagine

based on the •his reaction to a horror movie• preference.

i was cuddling up with ponyboy on the couch while he was reading to me. i was laying on his chest bored out of my mind. i didn't mind him reading to me but i just wanted to do something else for a change.

"ponyboy?" he groaned in response. "do you want to watch a movie?" i asked tracing circles on this chest.

"like what?" he asked.

"i don't know...how about a horror movie?" i asked with a smirk. pony isn't a fan of scary movies. that makes me want to watch one more. im evil.

"no." he said.

"aweeeee pleeeeaaaaaassssee!" i said while pouting and giving the puppy eyes.

"ugh fine." he said putting the book down. he always gave into the puppy eyes.

i giggled and chose the movie the haunting.
(that was an actual movie from 1963 i did my research).

when the scary parts came on pony hid his face in my chest. i lightly played with his hair to calm him down.

"babe are you scared?" i asked him.

he lifted his head off my chest. "no! the...the suns in my eyes!"

"ponyboy it's 9 o'clock at night." i giggled.

"...the moon is in my eyes?" he said.

"are you sure you're not scared?" i asked with a smirk.

"nope! im not scared! you're scared!" he put his head back on my chest and pouted.

i giggled again. "okay, whatever you say."

not even five minutes later pony was hiding his face in my chest again. i of course knew he was afraid but he would never admit to it.

once the movie was over i could tell that pony was relieved. even though he was hiding most of the time. when we cuddled up in bed i noticed pony refused to turn the lamp light off.

"babe aren't you gonna turn the light off?" i asked.

"no. let's keep it on tonight." he said nuzzling his nose against my chest.

"why? it's too bright." i asked even though i already knew the answer.

"i just uhh...i wanna keep burglars away." he said.

"pony, we never get burglars."

"there's a first time for everything. now shush! let's go to sleep." he said.

like always, pony didn't admit to being scared. i guess he never will. but i always know.