- steve imagine

not based on a preference

steve went out to fight at a rumble with the socs and y/n starts to worry when he hasn't came home yet.

someone else did something like this but i can't remember who it was. if you know who it is can you comment it so i can give them creds pls!

i held onto the teddy bear steve had gotten me as tightly as i could. it was the only comfort i had. steve went out to fight at the rumble like he always does but he hadn't came back yet. he said when it was over he'd come directly to my house. it was now two in the morning, and the rumble started at ten.

a rumble had never lasted this long. as my anxiety level raised i could only think of the worst possible scenario that could've happened. was he hurt? was he okay?

im not sure how but i managed to fall asleep while worrying about steve. how could i not? he loves to fight maybe a little too much.

i woke up to the feeling of someone getting in my bed with me. i turned around and it was steve. he looked tired with a couple cuts on his face. i jumped up and wrapped my arm tightly around his chest.

"baby what's the matter?" he asked probably talking about my puffy eyes from crying.

"i was worried about you," i said tearing up again. "i thought something bad happened."

"no, no nothing happened. i just decided to eat over at soda's, but im okay. im not going anywhere." he said petting my hair.

steve got in the bed with me and laid me on his chest. he played with my hair as i listening to his heartbeat.

"i don't want you going to any more rumbles." i told him.

he sighed. "y/n you know i have to. it's those damn socs."

now it was my turn to sigh. "i know but can you at least try not to get into as many fights. it scares me so much to think you won't come back." i let out a shaky breath as i said the last sentence. i held onto him tighter.

"im not going anywhere baby. i promise. but if it makes you feel better ill stop fighting as much. i don't want you worrying about me." he said while rubbing my back.

i nodded. i didn't let go of him for the rest of the night afraid i was gonna loose him. now all i can do is hope that he keeps his promise.