numbers.

GIVEN
数 || Numbers

◦ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ◦

        Hiiragi and Mafu finally decided to talk things out, at least a little. Hiiragi had told me of his plans beforehand and I wish him luck, obviously. I told him that it went well when I talked with him so it couldn't be too different when he talks to him. I honestly just want the four of us to make up so that he can maybe be happy.

The two of them are probably some of the most important people in the world to me right now, those two along with the band. So it's awkward when they're at odds. I'm sure he wouldn't want to see his boyfriend and best friend fighting, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth to see old friends fighting. Because you just wish that they would make up and not fight as much.

◦ ◦ ◦

Friday 9:32 PM

Hiiragi
Didn't go great, but I didn't completely
bomb it...

Yui
Dang, I really wish you two wouldn't
fight so that we could go back to normal.

Hiiragi
Things won't really ever be normal again,
but I know what you mean.

Yui
Well, it definitely used to be the five of us
against everyone else. Without Yuki and Mafu
that only makes three of us left.

Hiiragi
You and Shizusumi are the most important
people to me, right now.

Yui
Yep. :)

Hiiragi
Anyways, Shizusumi's here, so I'll call you later.

Yui
Sure.
Read 10:01

◦ ◦ ◦

        "I don't think I can do it," Mafu replies to Ue's request of writing lyrics to go with his instrumental. I actually think it's a really good idea, but Mafu seems to disagree.

"Don't give up just like that!" Ue shouts back. He's really passionate about Mafu writing the lyrics. His voice is so soft, so I think everyone in the band thinks it should mesh well.

"C'mon Mafu!" I say and pump a fist in the air then bring it down to point at Mafu. "You can totally do this... I believe in you."

"Well... I also think this might be a bit much for-" Haru begins talking until Akihiko elbows him in the side. The three of us rest on a wall while Ue and Mafu talk it out in front of us.

"You can do this!" Ue shouts and grabs Mafu's head and begins shaking it from side to side. "No, you're doing this! Let all your lingering feelings out!"

"His scary aura is coming back out," I whisper to Akihiko and Haru who just nod their heads in agreement.

"Use actual words to express them!" Ue continues on his rant on trying to convince Mafu to write.

"I'm not very good at that, though..." Mafu replies softly. His face is still getting crushed by Ue's hands.

"Don't make me kill you," Ue says and shakes Mafu's head back and forth once more. Akihiko facepalms after watching this interaction. "I want to play along with your lyrics!"

The boys in the boy say whoa at Ue's surprisingly motivational speech to Mafu. "Look at that... the boy's finally maturing," I say and wipe away a fake tear as Haru's jaw drops.

"I believe in you, son," Ue adds on.

"Are you his boss now?!" Haru asks after that last line, immediately dropping his impressed face.

"What should I write?" Mafu asks.

"Anything is fine. Music is all about going with the flow," Haru says. I think he thinks that he actually gave good advice like Ue just did a little bit ago.

"That's the shittiest advice ever," Akihiko plainly says.

"You said it, Akihiko..." I murmur and cross my arms over my chest. Haru stares at us grumpily, but I just shrug my shoulders.

"I mean... You have something you want to say, right?!" Ue asks. I guess that is the basis of every song, getting your feelings out and speaking your mind.

"No... Not really," Mafu replies.

"Don't you feel, like... your cosmo or something?!" Ue says desperately, trying to find any reason at all for Mafu to write a song.

"Cosmo?" Mafu questions.

"Oh, I know. Why not write lyrics about past relationships?" Haru says and raises his fingers. It'd be good advice if it were anyone beside Mafu. "That's pretty classic."

"Ah!" I shriek and point at Akihiko. "He's giving off an even scarier aura!"

"Shut your mouth, son," Akihiko says to Haru who stares at him, completely dumbfounded.

"Are you my boss now?!" Haru says after a slight pause. "Wait, that was actually good advice this time!"

"Hmmm," I mutter to myself and shake my head from side to side. "It was really bad advice for Mafu," I say, my chin rested in my hand.

"You shut your mouth right now," Akihiko says in an even deeper voice than before.

"Huh? W-Wait, what are you doing?!" Haru stutters after seeing Akihiko's dark expression. He really does know how to scare anyone and everyone.

"Shut your mouth..." Akihiko mutters as he puts Haru in a headlock.

"You're going to kill him, Akihiko!" I shout and point at his blue face as he pats on Akihiko's elbow. "Oh gosh, he's really actually dead now..."

We started packing up our bags after that discussion. In the end, we couldn't really find anything that would be good to write with even though we voiced so many ideas. Akihiko and I did try to stay away from the romance topic, but Haru clearly did not get the hint.

Ue and Akihiko head to outside together and I make a stop to the bathroom. I think Mafu and Haru are stopped at the vending machine together. I already know that Mafu's getting a tea, he hasn't drunken a fizzy drink since elementary school.

"Hey, Haru..." I say excitedly then begin to slow down when I see his face. He's no longer standing with Mafu. "What's wrong?"

"Mafu," Haru says softly, he's still staring at the exit door. "He said something... strange, I think?" He says more as a question rather than a statement.

Whatever Mafu said must've really riled up Haru, because I've only ever seen him like this twice. It's out of character for Haru to lost for words.