shock.

GIVEN
ショック || Shock

◦ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ◦

        "So... How'd you like the show?" Yui Yoshida asks her boyfriend. His clear skin is illuminated under the moonlight making him look like an angel. She smiles while asking this, seemingly already knowing the answer to the question.

"It has amazing!" He cheers excitedly. His reaction makes her smile even greater. "Who knew Mafuyu was such a good singer," he smiles to himself and looks down to his feet. 

Shizusumi was with Hiiragi a little while ago when the two met with Yui outside the concert all. He's now standing a good distance away by a vending machine. Hiiragi continues smiling.

"Yuki did," she replies. Her smile doesn't fade, but her words still hurt Hiiragi when he remembers what he needs to say. "Those two were inseparable, huh?" Hiiragi wipes a stray tear that rolls down her right cheek and smiles weakly at her.

"They were made for each other, huh?" He hums and she nods her head. "Some might say they were soulmates," he says and looks down at the girl as if trying to gauge her reaction.

"Yeah," Yui mumbles and twidles her fingers like she's nervous. "All good things must come to and end someday. Besides," she says after a pause. "I think he met someone her likes."

Both Mafu and Yui knew that no one could replace Yuki. It's not a good way to think, but Yui thought that it didn't matter as long as someone could attempt to close up the empty void in her heart left by her twin brother when he drunk himself into oblivion.

"I'm getting a little emo, huh?" She chuckles and brushes her finger underneath her eyes, drying up any tears. "Anyways, what did you want to tell me?"

"Um," he stammers then turns and looks her in the eye. "Why don't you tell me what you had to say first," he smiles weakly and Yui shakes her head from side to side.

"I don't think I'll be able to tell you what I have to say if you don't go first," she says awkwardly and loses his eye contact with her. "Just go," she smiles, looking back at him.

"Um," he gulps and rubs the back of his neck. "Shi--," he sighs once more then looks up at her. "I'm gay."

"Huh?" Is all that's willing to escape her lips she looks up at him. You can see his guilt even though it's not his fault he feels this way. "B-But you can't be," she laughs nervously and reaches for his hands, he steps back.

"I'm really sorry," Hiiragi says. His head slumps. He's embarrassed. It's not his fault. 'Why do I feel so angry?' Yui thinks to herself.

"Hiiragi," she says through tears making the tip of her nose and cheeks turn a light shade of red. "What am I supposed to do?" She asks, a smile still laced on her lips, but it slowly fades. "Hey... I don't know how to say this, but I'm pregnant, it's yours."

The soda that Shizusumi Yagi was carrying over to Yui to try and ease her pain drops and opens, causing a bubbly puddle to form by their feet. Their eyes widen and Yui looks away. She's ashamed.