epilogue.

GIVEN
エピローグ || Epilogue

◦ ◦ ◦

◦ ◦ ◦

        It's been a year with him. I've had the highest highs and the lowest lows. Hiiragi helps out as much as he can, but it can be hard since we go to different schools, at least we'll graduate next year. My mom takes care of him while I'm at school.

It was embarrassing for a little while. Explaining what happened to my friends. To Haru. To Mafu. But especially to Ue and Akihiko. Those two are especially weird. Ue started crying and then hugged me and Akihiko did something similar.

Hiiragi and Shizu have been together for a year now. They're happy and I'm happy for them. Hiiragi had been lying about his real sexuality for years and dating me was a way to try and confirm him being straight, even though he wasn't. It's better for both of us that he's happy and with Shizu instead of being unhappy and stuck with me. He's my best friend and the best dad anyone could ask for.

I'm sure if you were here, Yuki, you'd be laughing your ass off at me. Laughing when I changed his diapers, or when he would start crying while I was doing my homework, and especially laughing when Hiiragi would take care of him. You'd be the best uncle.

The band has been good. We've been getting more popular since we made the social media account. Mafu is better at playing guitar, I hope you're not jealous of Ue, he's actually a good guy. I bet you're laughing at me. The only type of guys who like me are the gay ones, I'll have plenty of best friends but no boyfriend.

Back to the baby. He's a lot like you, did you know that? Mom said he's exactly like you when you were a baby because you cried a lot and were very hyper. You also liked to wake up in the middle of the night to cry and wake up everyone. He's also obsessed with eating, but I think he gets that from Hiiragi.

Everyone in the band loves him, they say he's our band's 'mascot' or whatever. Of course, it was Akihiko's idea to do that. He has a strange soft spot for babies. I'm going to teach him how to play all sorts of instruments when he's older, and maybe Uncle Mafu can teach him to sing.

It took me a while to come up with a name. I didn't want my son to be named something stupid-- as mean as that sounds. And even though Yuki is such a stupid name, it was the only one I could think of. So that's his name. Yuki Kashima. Funny, huh? I bet you'd be laughing now too.

I hope that God is treating you well up in Heaven or whatever, maybe you ended up in hell. I miss you, big brother, even if your only fifteen minutes older. See you in some other lifetime, maybe.

Your favorite, Yui Yoshida