Chapter 15: The Oh So Great Heracles

Ch.15
Phoebe stepped forward, "I am really going to enjoy this." She said, a sadistic grin stretching across her face.

"Oh boy," Zeus said. "I can't deny that Heracles has it coming, but do be diligent."

Percy put a hand on her shoulder, "Wait Phoebe. This needs to be handled correctly or else we'll be answering to Zeus."

Zoe frowned a little as she was hoping to see Heracles hurt.

Phoebe scowled, "You promised me I could hurt him Jackson."

Zoe smiled at having similar thoughts as her sister.

Percy smiled, "I need you to trust me Phoebe. I promise you'll get what you want but you have to trust me and let me handle this until I say so. Can you do that?"

Zeus raised an eyebrow, unsure of exactly what Perseus was planning on doing.

Phoebe narrowed her eyes and stared at Percy. After a minute she sighed, "Alright Jackson. I've never trusted a man in my life but I will give you a chance. Do not let me down."

Perseus chuckled.

Percy smiled and nodded. We walked up the Heracles who was lounging under a tree, unaware of their presence so far.
"Heracles." Percy called.

Zoe scowled at the name and memories, disgusted at herself for ever loving a pig like him.

The minor god got up and rolled his eyes when they landed on Percy, "I already told your friends. I don't care what they're doing; I will not let you pass."
Percy scowled, "I beg to differ. They are on a mission from Olympus you have no right to deny them passage."
Heracles scoffed, "I care little about their mission from that wench Hera. Piss off before you get hurt kid."

Hera's eyes shifted from calm to hurt. To think that her own stepson would say something like that. Zeus was getting angry at his son for insulting his wife.

Percy's eyes caught fire and he threw a knife right by Heracles head, barely missing and becoming imbedded in the tree next to his face.
"You have some kind of a death wish kid?" Heracles snapped.
Percy glared at him, "You speak about my mother that way again and you won't be alive long enough to brag about one of your weak accomplishments again."
Heracles eyes widened, "Mother? Hera has no demigods. And it's a well known fact that I am the greatest hero to ever live."

Hera scoffed at that comment. Zoe spat saying, "You don't deserve that title. Perseus is a much greater and better hero than that scumbag."

Everyone nodded in agreement except Perseus who said. "Zoe Nightshade is much more deserving of the title, and is far more a better and greater hero than that twit."

Zoe smiled but shook her head. "While I agree I'm better than that idiot, you are a better hero than I could ever be, Perseus. And before you object, just accept it."

Perseus closed his mouth and simply nodded. "As you wish."

Artemis raised her eyebrow at that comment.

"Um, not like that," Perseus said quickly.

Percy looked at Heracles emotionlessly for a minute before he started laughing loudly. Heracles looked at him confused.
Percy calmed himself down, "Wrong on both accounts there. First, Hera is my mother. And second, you aren't even in the ballpark of being the greatest hero ever."
"Name one hero who has accomplished more than me?" Heracles snapped, his anger growing.

"Zoe Nightshade, Thalia Grace, Chiron, George Washington, Nico di Angelo, Reyna Ramírez-Arellano, Clarisse la Rue, I could go on and on," Perseus said.