5.

"Jack you're not leaving until you've finished your breakfast." I told Jack when he tried to leave the table.

He gave me an angry look but didn't argue with me. My mom had just left for work. I always took Jack to school in the morning and most if the time i picked him up after. I had begged my mom for a car, i was almost 17 and it would be really convenient for me but she always said no. She didn't trust me with a car. I didn't blame her for that, she had never trusted me and after the accident she only trusted me less. She only trusted me with Jack but i might have fucked that up last night.

I clanched at the clock, it was already 8 o'clock."Oh shit. Jack we're leaving."

I chugged my coffee, grabbed my schoolbag and helped Jack with tying his shoes. We soon were walking to school in a rapid tempo.

"Slow down you're going to fast." Jack complained.

"I don't care, we are late." I said to him in an firm voice. I grabbed his arm and dragged him next to me.

"Let me go." He hit my arm and tried to wiggle out of my grip.

I stopped and looked down at him with an angry face. "I will let go when you are going to walk faster."

After he gave no response i let his arm go and continued walking. He followed me at the same speed. I was pretty sure that he was crying but I ignored it, he needed to toughen up.

I walked with him into his classroom. Normally i would just drop him off at the gate and then leave but i had to talk to his teacher. My mother had given me a note that explained what had happend to Jack. The note said that he needed to be careful and that he was allowed to leave when he felt tired. His teacher was a very kind woman who accepted the note without further questions.

I quickly said goodbye to Jack and ran to my own school. I was just in time for class , Maddy was already sitting in the back of the class half asleep. I sat down next to her and hit her elbow causing her head to hit the table.

"Asshole" she said angry while she rubbed her head.

I laughed at her. "Sorry, i just couldn't resist it."

She let out a giggle and pointed at my hands. "It's looks like you had a fight with giant bear."

I wanted to say something back to her but the teacher intruped us. English was one of the most boring classes, i didn't feel like reading a hundered boring books just to dissect every single sentence.

Maddy grabbed my hand and started drawing on it. She made my bruises into weird little monsters, she always did that when i had bruises. I wasn't bothered by her doing it but the teacher very much was bothered by her.

"Maddy put that pen down. You're distracting Becky."

Maddy didn't even look up at him and continued with drawing. I also ignored him. Teachers didn't like it when students ignored them, it made them feel powerless. Most beginning teachers would've just left us alone but this old man wasn't going to do that.

He stood infront of our desks." I said, put the pen down."

Maddy stopped for a second with what she was doing and looked up at the teacher. "Of course sir, anything for you" She said in a mocking voice.

I put my hand infront of my mouth to keep myself from bursting out in laughter.

"I'm not liking this tone you're giving me young lady. I recommed that you apologise for your behaviour." He spoke

"I'm sorry mr. Corbyn for my behaviour. "

I could hear in the way she spoke that she definitely didn't mean it but the teacher accepted it and continued the lesson.

Unlike me Maddy knew when enough was enough. I kinda admired her for that, i always let my anger take over. Maddy and i had most of our classes together for the rest of the day which caused a lot of laughter and annoyance from teachers.

It was luch, Maddy and i were sitting on a bench next to the empty football field.

"You remember that weird teacher that joined us when we were smoking weed?" I asked her.

She laughed. "Of course i do, I'll never forget that. He was so weird. It still surprises me that he isn't fired yet."

"My mom wants me to talk him once week about my emotions or some shit."

She shrugged her shoulders. "I wouldn't worry to much about that. You can easily skip those things or just lie to that guy."

I nodded at her. She was right, i didn't have to worry about it. Soon the bell rang, i got up and walked to my last few classes alone. Maddy didn't feel like going to her last classes so she just ditched them. I couldn't join her, I've already caused my mom enough stress this week.

Impatiently i was waiting on my little brother to walk out of his school. I could feel all the stares from the mother's in my back, they all looked at me like I was the devil himself. They probably thought that i was some dumb teen who had trown her future away by getting pregnant at an young age.

My brother calmly walked over to me and handed me his schoolbag. "I'm gonna play at Brady's house."

I asked him the basic 'mom' questions like: Is Brady's mom okay with that? After he had answered all my questions i let him go to his friend. I gave the mother a small smile before i turned around and walked away.

When i walked home i texted Maddy to come over, i would be home alone for a while. Confused i stopped infront of the house, my mom's car together with another car were parked infront of my house. I sighed and deleted the text i had just sent to Maddy, i wasn't home alone anymore.

I opened the door and threw both bags on the floor. When i walked in i saw Ashton sitting on the couch, it was like he thought that this was his house.

"Why are you here here?" I aksed him.

He put his phone in the pocket of his jeans and stood up. "You're mom didn't feel well so i brought her home so she could rest. And i was waiting for you to be home."

I wasn't sure if he was speaking the truth, my mom never got sick let alone come home early from work. But i didn't want to keep this stranger any longer in my house so i asked no further questions.

"Thank you, I'll handle it from here." I said while i gestured to the door.

He stopped in the doorway. "You sure you don't need any help? I'm on call so i can just stay here until i get paged."

He started to irritate me. "No it's fine. Thank you for everything." I said to him with a clenched jaws.

He handed me a small card. "In case you change your mind."

I took a deep breath after i had closed the door behind me. I looked at card that he had given me and put it in my pocket. I had no intentions to contact him at any point. I mean,who the hell did he think that he was? I didn't need anyone in my life who tried to act like he was my dad.