Chapter One

Troye's P.O.V.

"Place your begs in your room," is the first sentence my dad, Shaun, said when we reached our new home.

It's not that bad. Two storeys high, five bedrooms and three bathrooms. I miss Australia, mostly my friends. I can't believe dad accepted the contract. He's taking a course here, in Minnesota, for one whole year and he decided to bring all of us.

I went in my room. A queen sized bed, a cabinet, sofa, small T.V. and a tiny lamp. Room size is not as big as my own room back in Australia. At least I will stay here for a year. I got my phone out and text my friend, Blessing, that I arrived safely and unharmed. I put my phone away and started jumping on the bed.

"Get down from the bed! You're not a kid anymore, silly." Laurelle, my mom, said. I eventually stopped and sat down beside my mom who is sitting on the sofa. I sighed and placed my head on her shoulders. "It's okay Troye, we will be here only for a year. Don't worry, we'll go back to Australia soon." She hugged me tightly and left the room. 

I didn't agree a hundred percent on this Minnesota move. I thought it was stupid, but I had to support my dad. This could change his career and get a promotion in the company. I just can't believe we just left our hometown like that.

Push the sad thoughts away and let positive ones in! This is a new start!

I went over to Tyde's room, he's my little brother. He was crazily searching for his charger. Clothes and his stuff are scattered everywhere in the room. He's so broke without his charger. "Your charger is in the orange backpack, I kept it there." I told him. He ran to the orange backpack and searched for the charger, which he found. His frown quickly turned into a smile. I laughed at him and left the room, heading for the kitchen.

I smell brownies!

Mom is cooking her famous homemade brownies. I walked faster and saw mom happily looking in the oven. "Mom, you don't have to stare at them that long." I chuckled. She looked at me and rolled her eyes. Moms. I saw the living room, which isn't that bad either. Everything in this house is normal... too normal. 

"Troye, mind helping me open this luggage? The zipper seems to be stuck." Steele, my older brother, asked. I helped pull the zipper countless times but it won't move. Dad came to save the day and he actually unzipped it. He looked at us and gave us the 'you're so weak' face. 

Sage, my sister, came down and yelled, "Tyde is ruining my life!" and now Tyde is running down and he said, "No! I didn't mean to!"

"Yes. You. Did. Look what you did to me!" She pointed to her forehead that is covered with black markers. I chuckled as they go on arguing. "It wouldn't happen if you didn't have a big forehead." Tyde said. Sage ran back upstairs and I could hear her turn on the tap water, she's probably in the toilet now. 

Gotta love my family.

"Anyways, Troye, we're going to enter you in Franta High. The principal is my bestfriend since we were small, so I think he will treat you nicely there." My father said. I accepted immediately. I'm just so happy that my dad knew the principal, I feel like I have power to the school. I signed and wrote down all my details on the paper and gave it to my dad. He smiled and took the paper. 

 I sat on the sofa, watching some cartoons and stuff. I stumbled upon American Next Top Models. Woohoo! This is now Cycle 21: Booch Tooch. I saw this guy, his name is Adam Smith. He started doing these poses which I have no idea why I'm wildly attracted to. His abs are so... yummy.

Wait, what am I saying? I'm a straight guy! Well, that's what I've thought to myself. I have lots of gay friends but I'm still straight. Straight, straight, straight! I changed the channel, not wanting to see it anymore. I ended up watching Adventure Time.