Chapter 4

Chapter 4

*Olympus*

Third Person POV

As the Olympians sat in shock at all the events that had just unfolded. The shock was interrupted by none other than Hera, Queen of the gods

"Of course, Perseus shall represent Olympus, in the marriage." Hera said, smiling at her mother.

"What?" Poseidon asked, turning towards his sister.

"I said that Perseus will represent us, be proud brother, you son has done so much that there is no one better to represent Olympus than him." Hera said, before walking past her siblings and back into the throne room, "Now every take your seats, we have a meeting to continue!"

The remaining children of Kronos shared a look, before Poseidon picked up his still unconscious brother, and followed his sister into the throne room, closely followed by the rest of his siblings, his son, and the Titans and Giant.

As Poseidon grew to his godly height, leaving Zeus still at the height of a mortal, he then unceremoniously threw his brother onto his respective throne, before then taking his own seat.

Hera cast a look towards her unconscious and ever unfaithful husband, before she turned towards the awaiting Titans.

"So we are in agreement." Rhea inquired, standing in the middle of the throne room, "Perseus shall be Olympians representative for the marriage?"

Hera looked towards the other Olympians, before deciding that this needed to be official, and calling for a vote. "All in favor of Perseus representing Olympus, once again."

The following result was, needless to say, astonishing. The only Olympians that truly seemed against the arranged marriage was Athena, which greatly surprised the council, and Poseidon.

"Vote passed." Hera said, smiling proudly at all her fellow Olympians, "Perseus shall represent us in the marriage!"

"Hey! Don't I get a say in this?" Percy asked, finally speaking up from his spot by his father's throne.

Hera looked at Percy confused, "What do you mean?"

"Well don't I get a say in this marriage?" Percy asked.

"No, that's kinda why it is called an arranged marriage, because you don't get to set it up, we do, we arrange it." Hera responded, looking at Percy like he was an idiot.

"Oh.." Percy replied, before a thought suddenly entered his head, "But why are you choosing to have me represent Olympus, you literally have the perfect setup for this just waiting."

"What do you mean?" Hera asked, not knowing where he was going with this.

"I mean Leo and Calypso! Calypso is a daughter of Atlas, and her and Leo are actively dating, why not just let them get married, eventually, and just let that marriage symbolize peace?" Percy replied.

This drew an indignant snort from Artemis. "Please, we don't need any worse relations between us and the Titans, and Leo would easily make the relations worse, not better."

"What do you mean? Leo is a fantastic person." Percy asked, feeling confused.

"What I mean, is that Leo is a flirt. And even if he remained loyal to Calypso, the fact that he flirts with every girl he sees might cause some serious problems in the future, especially if he flirts with another Titan who for some reason falls for him, that would cause complications." Artemis responded, "however." Artemis continued, "if we have you represent us, then we would never have to worry about that, one being you aren't really a flirt. I mean how long did it take you to realise that Annabeth had a crush on you, five years?" Artemis inquired, drawing a round of laughter from other Olympians.

"In my defense, she didn't give very good signs!" Percy defended.

"She literally kissed you." Artemis said, rolling her eyes.

This drew an indistinct grumble from Percy, as well as a round of teasing from the younger Olympians.

"Anyways!" Hera interrupted, "will there be a problem with you representing us, Perseus?"

Percy looked around, trying to think of some way out of this marriage, finding none, he finally decided to agree, better than forcing his friends into a loveless marriage, he guessed. "No."

"Perfect!" Rhea declared, "and I know just who to have represent us as Percy's wife!'

"I thought you said that we got to choose." Hera said, raising an eyebrow.

"I did, but let's be honest, you Olympians are kind of bad at making decisions.

This of course brought indignant grumbles from most of the Olympians, while they also nodded in agreement.

"Now back to who shall represent us." Rhea said, before stepping towards Percy. "May I see your sword?"

"Sure?" Percy responded, sounding extremely confused.

"Thank you!" Rhea responded, giving Percy a smile that was eerily similar to Hera's "Now does anyone here know the story of Anaklusmos?"

Surprisingly, the only ones to raise their hands were Percy, and Poseidon.

"Hey! How do the kelp heads know this when I don't?!?" Athena yelled

"It doesn't matter!" Rhea said, stopping a potential argument. "Anyways, Percy would you care to tell us the story of your ever loyal weapon?"

"I would be happy to." Percy responded, before he was interrupted by a groan from Zeus, who had just started to come to

"What did I miss?" Zeus asked, groggily growing to his godly height.

"Perseus is going to represent Olympus." Hera responded.

"No! I will not have a son of Poseidon represent us! I refuse!" Zeus yelled, before being cut off by a hard smack from Hera.

"Shut up Zeus, you don't have a say in this, the council has already voted!" Hera scolded. "Now Perseus, you were saying?"

"What? Oh right!" Percy asked, before he suddenly remembered the story he was to tell. "Well it all started with a young warrior."

And with that Percy told the tale of one of his oldest friends, and one of the first people that he wasn't able to save. He told of how she was the forgotten Hesperide, and of how her mother gave her the sword, in the form of a hair clip, and how it was the source of her power. He told them of Heracles betrayal, drawing a very heated argument between him and Zeus about whether or not Heracles was worthy of being a god, before the council decided to revoke his immortality, and to free Hebe from her horrible marriage.

He then told of how he got a hold of the sword, and how he found out it's true back story. Before finally ending off on how, his friend. His companion. And one of his greatest sorrows, Zoë Nightshade, entrusted him, with the sword imbued with her immortal essence.

"Thank you Perseus." Rhea said, smiling kindly at him.

"What I want to know." Percy started, staring at his grandmother, "is why you wanted to hear the story."

"Oh! That is really quite simple." Rhea said, smiling back at Percy. "For you see, Zoë shall be our representative!"