Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*Olympians Throne Room*

Once again, the Olympian council was left in a state of shock. Before Artemis sprung from her throne, fresh tears trying to leak from her eyes, and glared at Rhea

"Zoë Nightshade died an honorable death!" Artemis growled, trying to stop tears from falling

"Indeed she did." Rhea acknowledged, "But it is time for her to return."

"The fates won't allow it." Hades said, looking entirely bored with the Olympian affairs. And walking up to stand near his mother

"Oh but they will." Rhea said, "for I have a way to convince them." she then indicated the pen, drawing a gasp of understanding from Athena.

"You don't mean..." Athena started, before her thoughts drifted off as Rhea nodded.

"Indeed I do. Now Asteria dear, would you please step forward, you are the only one missing for the ceremony." Rhea called, indicating the two deities standing in front of her.

"Ok?" Asteria responded, obviously confused. "But why do you need us three", she indicated to herself, Hades, and Artemis "for this?"

"It's really simple really. I need you, because Zoë was placed in the stars by Artemis over here, so I need you to help guide her essence towards us. I need hades to help pull her soul down from the stars. And Artemis is here, because she knew Zoë better than anyone else, and she will be able to help you two pinpoint Zoë's essence." Rhea responded, like it was the simplest thing in the world. "Also we will offer up Anaklusmos as a sacrifice to the fates to ensure this goes smoothly."

"Wait, hold up!" Percy called out "Are you saying that I could have just sacrificed Riptide all along in order to bring Zoë back?"

"No, I am saying that I need Asteria, Hades, and Artemis, as well as Anaklusmos to make this ceremony work." Rhea said, like it was the most obvious thing ever. "You can't simply say, I return this sword to its owner, and expect the fates to just be like poof! And bring her back. You need to assist them in guiding the soul back to the land of the living." Rhea continued, rolling her eyes at what she viewed as ignorance.

"Oh.. ok." Percy responded, trying to understand why Rhea acted like it was super obvious.

"Oh and Zoë will have her immortality from when she was a Hesperide back, so I expect you Olympians to give Percy immortality as well, and preferably godhood. I plan to make Zoë a Titan when she returns." Rhea said, before she turned to the other three deities and started the long process of bringing a soul back from the stars.

*2 hours later*

And as they finished with their extremely long tiring chant. Riptide slowly faded from the hands of Rhea, before the throne room was suddenly lit up by the brightest flash they had ever seen. And standing before them in all his glory, stood the true ruler of the sky Ouranos.

"Daughter!" Ouranos called out, pulling Rhea in for a hug. "How are you?"

"I am good, father, but where is Zoë , the ritual was supposed to bring her back." Rhea responded, looking at her father and feeling slightly confused.

"Oh she is coming." Ouranos said, waiving off her concern. "I just thought I would let you know that your little ritual helped me to finally reawaken and finish reforming!" Ouranos continued, smiling widely at his favorite daughter.

"I am proud to hear that." Rhea responded, before they were cut off by an idiot clearing his throat.

"Father." Kronos said, staring at his father with uncertainty.

"Ah.. Kronos." Ouranos said, awkwardly. "How has life been, chopped anyone else into pieces?"

"Yeah... um.. About that." Kronos said, before getting cut off.

"Or did you get chopped into pieces?" Ouranos asked, with a teasing tone showing that he knew full well what had happened to Kronos.

"Hey! At least I put up more of a fight!" Kronos yelled.

"True, but you had warning. You and your brothers surprised me while I was on a date with my wife." Ouranos said, leveling a hard glare at Kronos. "And at least I wasn't defeated by a demigod."

"Hey!" Kronos yelled, drawing his scythe. "He is a powerful demigod!"

"Oh not the son of Poseidon." Ouranos said, not even reacting to the presence of the scythe. "I mean the son of Hermes, you know, the one who you couldn't even overpower for control of the body."

"Be quiet!" Kronos roared, swinging his scythe at Ouranos, only for Ouranos to bat it aside and deliver a haymaker of a smack to Kronos's face.

"Sit down Kronos." Ouranos said, sounding bored. "I just wanted to let Rhea know of my return. But I must be going. Zoë will be here once I leave." Ouranos continued, before catching sight of Percy, "Oh and Perseus, keep up the amazing work. I bless you with freedom in the sky, Zeus now has no right to blast you down should you enter it." Ouranos said, before disappearing in another flash of light.

Once the flash vanished, standing in place of Ouranos, was a very very confused Zoë Nightshade

"Who, what, where?" Zoë yelled, looking around confused, before she caught sight of a very distraught Artemis. "Milady, Art thou okay?" Zoë asked, rushing over to Artemis, before she was pulled into a tight hug by the now shrunk maiden goddess.

"You're back!" Artemis yelled, hugging her best friend like she would suddenly disappear on her. "You're actually back!"

"Ack... Milady... can't.... Breath..." Zoë forced out, in between turning purple

Artemis quickly released her, "Sorry." Artemis said, with tears freely flowing. "It's just.... It's been so long... I never thought I would see you again."

"It is alright, milady, I missed thee as well." Zoë responded, before a groan was heard from the male side of the council.

"What?!?" Artemis snapped, leveling a glare at Hermes.

"Nothing, nothing." Hermes said, "it's just." he snapped his fingers, causing Zoë to be encased in a slight golden glow, "I can't stand her old english."

"What did you do?!?" Artemis yelled.

"I just gave her the knowledge and ability to speak with perfect modern english." Hermes said, before going back to looking at his phone.

"Milady." Zoë started, "How am I back? I thought you put me in the stars."

"I did Zoë, but, with the help of Asteria, and Hades, and using Riptide, we brought you back." Artemis said, pulling her best friend in for another hug.

After a few minutes of silence, whilst the two huntresses hugged. Zoë pulled back, a smile on her face and fresh tears streaming down her face.

"Thank you, milady." she said, smiling widely.

"Anything for you, sister." Artemis responded, before stepping away and walking towards her throne, growing back to her godly height.

Zoë remained standing in the middle of the throne room, feeling slightly awkward being in a room full of giant beings, before she caught sight of the only other normal sized person in the room.

"Perseus?" Zoë asked, hesitantly.

"Hey Zoë." Percy said, waving awkwardly, "Sorry about getting rid of Riptide, but they said it was the only way to bring you back."

Zoë just smiled, before she rushed over to the young son of Poseidon and pulled him in for a tight hug.

"It's quite alright, Perseus." Zoë said, still hugging him, "thank you."

After another couple of minutes of hugging, the two shorties were interrupted by a throat clearing.

"Well this makes it easy." Rhea said, drawing the attention of the two huggers.

"Makes what easy?" Zoë asked, still in Percy's embrace.

"Why your marriage of course!" Rhea exclaimed, indicating to Percy and Zoë.