Chapter 2: Those times our eyes met

(Anabia:14 years old, Huzaifa: 16 years old)

(Anabia's pov)

School. Classes. Friends. Teachers. Sleepless nights. Homework. All important yet the last thing you'd think about. And yet the least important thing is your middle school crush who ends up being the  one person who you'd think restlessly about. Almost three years now and those feelings only grow stronger. What could I do? Just suddenly stop them like my parents tell me to do? How was I supposed to do that? I hate it. I hate the feeling. It was unfair to him and to everyone else. But how could I stop? They were my feelings yet I couldn't even control them. At this point, probably in some historical romance manga or novel the person would have realised that it was love. But was it really? Was what I felt love or just another feeling that was unkempt? As continuously stare at screen, I realise it's not love. It's too decicive to be. So what was it? Sighing I throw the phone accross the bed and rest my arm against my eyes. Oof this is all too much for me to handle. It's stupid. He hates my guts. Why would he even care about me. A sudden knock on the door makes me jump as I hear Rubina's squeaky voice calling out from behind it.

" Hey Big sis mama says to hurry up" I groan and shut my eyes for a moment. Back to reality I guess. I get off the bed and make my way towards the cuboard to find some clothing to wear. As I finish getting dressed I hear the door knob squeaking and a little head pops up from behind the door. I start laughing and pick Yunus up, pecking his cheek gently.

"Since when do you start calling me for lunch" I say and he looks at me with a big grin on his face.

"Big sis" He says and raps his arms around my neck. I cuddle him for a minute or two and then let him walk towards the staircase. We both make our way down until we reach the final step and watch as everyone starts eating lunch. Father had just gotten back from work so he was still in his work clothes. I sit down next to Kinza, who like always, left out the vegetables on the plate for me to eat.

" Seriosuly Kinza start eating your vegetables" Aadab says "Otherwise all the meat you eat will make you fat" Kinza looks at her and then makes a face.

"It's my choice if I want to eat them or not. And I won't get fat like you. Everybodies different" 

"Kinza don't say things like that to your older sister." My mother says as she sits down with us. She makes another face at Aadab and then starts eating again. I roll my eyes. Everyday the same conversation takes place again and again. I look down at my plate and lick my lips. Pasta. Delicious. I start eating as fast as I can, munching on every bite and quickly swallowing it. Outside I sudddenly hear the Adhaan for Asr prayer. I finish my last bite and then run into the bathroom to gargle my mouth so I could pray. After my mother had read a hadith about the 15 punishments inflicted on a person for delaying their prayer, I had always tried my best to be the first person standing for salaah. Doing it for months now caused me to automatically get up and go to the bathrom for wudhu, so if I my prayer was even an hour late my stomach would feel as if it had been dropped into a pit. I wonder if Huzaifa does the same thing? Those brilliant eyes everytime they meet mine...Ughh stop it Anabia. Who cares about him?  I slap my face with my palms and then take a deep breath in as I stand on the prayer mat. Concentrate only on Allah now I say to myself and I raise my hands in takbeer...

Once I had finished praying I went upstairs to clear up my room. I had decided to invite Kamryn, Naomi, Rabeeha, Mahnoor and Karin over to "study". We'd all decided to meet up at my place since I wasn't allowed to go to anyone's home except for family friends. When the door bell rang I quickly ran down stairs and opened the door. Naomi stood behind the gates, holding a pencil case and her books. She had been wearing some loose pants and a top with a sweater. I sigh with relief and let her enter as she greeted all my siblings who were eagerly waiting at the door. Thankfully she had listened to me when I told her not to wear anything exposing. 

"Oh my Lord Anabia this is the first time I'm coming to your house. How did your parents agree to this?" I look at her and smile  pulling her in for a hug.

"I'll tell you that when when everyone's here. How are you?" I say as we let go and make our way up the stairs. Aadab and Kinza both went back to their rooms and Rubina was busy tailing behind us squealing with delight at the new comer.

"I'm fine. What about you?  By the way your brother is so cute!"

"I know right! I'm doing good." I look behind me to see if Rubina had left. It looked as if Kinza had bribed her with some chocolate or something. I turn back around to look at Naomi.

"So when is everyone else coming? I bet Mahnoor's coming late again. She's probably sleeping right now" I laugh as we enter my room. I had tried my best to clear everything up so that it looked neat enough.The bed spread had been a purple and the pillow cases and blanket had matching zigzaged red stripes which matched the red  bookshelf in my room."Oh wow, your room is so adorable! You even have stickers on your wall." She starts laughing and I roll my eyes as my cheeks go pink.

"Says the person who can't get over a teddy bear and loves mickey mouse" I say and start laughing with her. A few minutes later the door bell rings again and this time I hear Kamryn and Karin from below. As  they make their way up the stairs the door bell rings again and Rabeeha comes in too. They all enter my room and shout my name, covering me with tight hugs.

"Anabia bro your room is amazing" Rabeeha says and gives a big grin.

"Yeah although I never expected you to be the type to have stickers on your wall" I look at Karin and then start laughing. "Nice painting by the way. Also I see a lot of dust on your bookshelf" 

"Karin seriously are you already inspecting the room?" Kamryn says.

"Every British citizen must have their room spotless" Karin says in a British accent and we all start laughing.

"Mahnoor not here yet?" Kamryn asks.

"No. Bro she's always the last one to arrive" Rabeeha replies and sits down on the bed

"That's our Mahnoor the lazy head" We all start laughing again and start working on our "project". Thank you God for this wonderful day. I finally get to see them again. Although I really wish to see him too. I want to see that mesmerising face. I want him to look at me and make my heart beat louder and louder. I want to bring back those times our eyes met.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moon's note: Ciao dear readers I hope your all doing well. This chapter may be kinda boring so I apologise for that but I hope to bring back some more Huzaifa and Anabia scenes. Ship names? if you have any could you comment one 'cuz I'm not good with that sort of thing ;). Any who I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Share this story with your buds to give it lots of love and hope to see you next week. Ci vediamo amiche! 

(Spots still open for the jobs listed on previous chapters)(it's the middle of the night so I'm lazy to type them out again)