Chapter 4

Snow began to fall lightly from the night sky as the breeze grew colder. You were shivering on the bedside table next to where the girl you presume to be asleep.

You heard shifting on the bedsheets, waking you from your sleep. Not that you already have trouble sleeping. You look over to your right and see the girl quietly opening the door and leaving. You stand up straight with a slight headache, then hop to the bed and down onto the rug.

'Where is she going to?'

It's a good thing she left the door open. Otherwise, it would be hard to get out of the room quietly. You called your dog and told it to follow the girl after you got on its back.

Your dog followed the girl where you presumed she was but lost her on the way there. After a couple of searches across the halls later, you saw a trail of light coming from a particular open room. You figured that the girl seemed to be in the kitchen, assuming she looked hungry earlier. Your intuition was correct as you found the girl in the kitchen and the other staff.

"If there's anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable." You heard the voice of Cogsworth and saw him push Lumière away from the girl's hand. This made Lumière burn his wooden hand using one of his candles, and Cogsworth shrieked in pain.

"Well, I am a little hungry." The girl replied with sad eyes. "You are?" Mrs. Potts asked with big eyes. "You hear that? She's hungry! Start the fire. Bring out the silverware and plates!" She commanded the staff next to her as they began to prepare.

Cogsworth coughed, gaining their attention. "Remember what the master said." He mumbled to Mrs. Potts. "Oh, posh! I'm not going to let the poor child hungry." The teapot retorted as she continued to prepare the plates.

Cogsworth gave in with a huff, seeing how Mrs. Potts is stubborn as Lumière joins in. "We must make her feel comfortable here. She's our guest. Right this way, madame." Lumière leads the girl to the dining area.

You watched them leave the kitchen as you turned to Cogsworth whose having a mini-mental breakdown. "Master will find out about this if we don't keep it quiet. It will be our necks!" He exclaimed, grabbing his nonexistential neck.

You laughed lightly at him. "My brother wouldn't hear the commotion downstairs. He's too busy being a sassy old man to notice the girl here." You assured him then made funny impressions of your brother to cheer up the poor clock as you laugh at your weirdness. He chuckled along with you.

<><>

[ After dinner ]

You couldn't help but sing along to the song Lumière and the staff performed. It was catchy, and it made you enjoy the little show. Even your dog is dancing along well, more like wiggling forth that almost made you fall.

"My goodness, look at the time. Now it's off to bed," Cogsworth trying to dismiss them. "I couldn't possibly go to bed now. It's my first time in an enchanted castle." The girl looked more energetic than ever.

'Enchanted pfft.'

"I'd like to look around if that's alright." She requested, and your eyes lit up. "Would you like a tour?" You and Lumière asked at the same time.

"W-wait a second. I'm not sure that's a good idea." The girl's face looks disappointed at Cogsworth's remarks. "We can't let her go around to certain places, if you know what I mean." Cogsworth's face is giving you that look, non verbally saying not to take her to your brother's room.

"Perhaps you would like to show me. Seeing how you know everything there is about the castle." The girl convinces the anxious clock, and he eventually agrees.

You all wandered into the halls of the castle as Cogsworth told the girl information and history about the castle. You already know about it since your parents and tutors have been teaching you about the history and cultures of Fairy Tale Island. Some call you a prodigy or a genius, but the truth is, it's just curious and thus became interested in studying.

You listened to what he said, but your eyes wandered to the decorative armor stands, looking at the girl's way as she walked past. You cleared your throat loudly, catching the onlooker's attention as they instantly turned their heads away.

You looked back and saw the girl curiously, almost going up the west wing. You gently moved your mount, a.k.a dog, to immediately go towards the girl. You, Lumière, and Cogsworth successfully blocked the girl's way.

"What's up there?" She asked.

"Where? There? Oh, nothing." Cogsworth answered, trying to convince the girl not to go to the forbidden wing. "There's absolutely nothing of interest in the west wing."

You mentally facepalm at his excuse. Hopefully, the girl will cooperate with you. You don't want to repeat the same mistake. "Oh, so that's the west wing." The girl looked more curious than ever.

'We are doomed.'

"I wonder what's going on up there? Is he hiding something?"

"H-hiding? The master is not hiding anything."

"Then it wouldn't be forbidden." You three widened your eyes as she walked past your blockade. You all quickly ran up to her and blocked her path again. "Perhaps you would like to see something else?" You offer, hopefully, this will take her mind off and explore other than that wing.

"The castle gardens? Or the library, maybe?" The girl widened her eyes in interest at the last word you said. "You have a library?" The girl asked with an optimistic tone, and you three nodded your heads rapidly.

"Yes, indeed."

"With books."

"Mountains of books!"

The girl looks skeptical as you all go down the stairs—all making their way to the library, with you leading the way. Seeing as the dog likes to run around, you did not look back to see if they were catching up to you.

As you reached the door to the library, you turned around and saw the two servants without the girl trailing behind them. "More books than you ever—" 

"Where's the girl?" You interrupted Lumière as both looked behind to where the girl was supposed to be, only to see the emptiness of the hallway instead.

You sighed, and they smiled sheepishly at you. "Let's go back! I believe she went where she isn't supposed to be." All you ran, well one of them hopped, as you made your way back.

All of you went back to the staircase where you last saw the girl. You saw the girl running with her cloak, "Where are you going?" The girl ran past you as she reached the door. "I can't stay here another minute. I'm sorry." The girl explained as she walked out, Cogsworth tried to stop her, but she had already closed the door.

You saw them having sad faces as the plan to be human again will flop. You can't help but feel it too. As you make your way back, Adam suddenly jumped from the staircase and went through the door.

Letting the cold air and snow in, you holler at him, "Adam! It's too dangerous to go in this weather." You saw him running off into the distance as the doors closed.

edited