Chapter 10

"Um...hello?" You knocked on the already opened door, metal staff in your dominant arm at the ready. Six green dwarves went tense and alerted, weapons pointing at you: Starting from the dwarf in the center of the group holding a talisman*; to his left, one is having a sword; next to him, another one holding a cannon (!); the blonde one, on the other side, holding a mirror; and two of them at both sides are holding a crossbow.

*: an object held to act as a charm
  : something producing magical or miraculous effects

The dwarf threw the talisman at you by reflex, and you moved to the side. The paper hit the door instead. A dwarf holding a crossbow shot his arrow at you, heading straight you your head. You quickly hit the arrow away before it could hit you. You noticed them stop and let their weapons fall, and you raised your eyebrows and lowered your guard.

'They seemed... harmless?'

You shortened your staff by pressing the red button and putting it back inside your satchel. You waved at them with an awkward smile, and they waved back, still in a daze. You noticed a girl lying on the floor unconscious. You quickly ran to her and checked her vitals to see. There's still a pulse. 

You breathed out in relief and carried her on your back, having a bit of difficulty because you haven't lifted/ carried an average human weight before.

"Where is your guest room?" You asked someone close to you, a red-headed dwarf holding a vast pan. He pointed at the stairs and spoke nothing. You nodded in slight understanding and quickly went to their bedroom. The seven dwarves followed after you. As you reached the closed door, you had a little difficulty getting through. "Hey, um... can you open the door for me?" You asked someone next to you, which so happens to be a chestnut-haired dwarf.

He stares at you, mouth agape. You looked at him awkwardly. You coughed; hopefully, he can avert his attention. He shook his head and got off his daze. He made eye contact with you, and you pointed at the door with your eyes.

He seems to get the non-verbal request. He walked in front of you and opened the door. You laid the girl in the bed as soon as you got in the room. You then thanked the brunette but still felt a bit anxious and awkward from earlier.

The dwarves, including the brunette, quickly rushed to the sleeping girl. All their attention to her, but then you coughed, switching their attention from the girl.

'I'm still here.'

"What business do you have with us, miss?" The brunette with a blue button-down shirt politely asked you as he diverted himself from the girl.

You cleared your throat and crouched down at his eye level. "I'm looking for the F7. Chris wanted me to be here in Risky Rock and let them train me in combat. Would you kindly direct me where they are?" You explained to him, straight to the point. The brunette reacted suddenly upon hearing your cousin's name.

"Well, um. we... are the F7... you are looking for." He averted his eyes away from yours and cleared his throat after.

You widen your eyes at him, "Really? Not to be mean since I haven't met you guys in person but is this who you are in the first place? I have a feeling that you don't look like that before." He flinched at the word horrid, scared that you may know about their curse and what they've done, but he trailed off to find an excuse to change the subject.

"Uh... by the way, we haven't learned your name yet." You raised your eyebrow in suspicion of him changing the subject swiftly, but then you shrugged your shoulders anyway and stood upright.

"Princess Y/N from the L/N kingdom." By instinct, you curtsied in front of them. They look at you with shocked faces. You sweatdropped at their reaction.

"Are you sure you're a princess? Considering what you were wearing is not what .... eh..." A buff and manly voice said near the brunette as he observed your outfit. 

"What's a princess doing in here anyway? And what's with training? A princess should be sitting there at the castle and do her princess duties. Not ask men to train her like in a military." A buff dwarf wearing orange ranted about your presence.

Indeed, a princess should not be in the woods or outside, but you are free from your royal duties. And adventure is now your dream.

'How dare he?! This arrogant stereotyping  jerk!'

You mentally irked at him, both hands curling into fists. "I'm sorry, what?" Your voice hinted that you were offended at his words. You calm yourself slightly but enough before doing something that a lady shouldn't do—committing murder.

The blonde put his hand over the buff guy's mouth. "Sorry about that, mademoiselle. Arthur here is just a bit grumpy today." He patted the buff dwarf's chest, convincing you in his french accent as he pushed him to the back. "Oh... no, it's okay." You forced a smile. But deep down, you are mentally giving curses at him.

"He is right after all." The french dwarf turns to look at you after smacking the buff one. 

"And besides, I can walk away. Back to my kingdom and tell my subjects that a member of the F7 is a huge jerk." You threatened. "No one will look up to the modeled F7. Oh, how will they see you now? Now that I will expose this scandal." Your voice laced with venom as you acted intimidating in front of the group.

You have never done this before, but you have to, for the sake of adventure. They look at you petrified, terrified that their tainted reputation will turn the people across the island against them. And you're kind-heartedness said to yourself that you're never going to do that again.

'This will be the first and last time I will threaten someone.'

You sighed mentally.

'Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.'

"Anyways, do you guys have tea leaves? I need to make some tea for the girl when she wakes up." You asked, completely turning your attitude to 180°. The redhead at the back raised his hand and brought your attention to him. "I can take you to the kitchen." You smiled and thanked him. 

"You guys stay here and tell me if she's awake." You ordered as the two of you went down the stairs and into the kitchen. He led you to the kitchen counter where a jar of tea leaves sits next to a spice rack, "Do you know where the cups and infuser might be?" You politely asked. He pointed at the cabinet opposite of him. You muttered a thank you and reached for the cabinet; inside are cups aligned neatly and saucers stacked up.

You prepared the teapot, cup, loose tea leaves, and an infuser,  while the redhead prepared the kettle with water inside. "Thanks, you can go back upstairs if you want." He nodded, no other verbal response.

'Is he mute or...'

"You can be comfortable with me. You know that, right? Considering that you're all going to train me." You said before he could go upstairs, he smiled at you. "My name's Hans." You returned his smile because he finally spoke. This man err... dwarf is opening up to you.

After he walked back upstairs, you turned on the stove and heated the kettle. While it starts heating up, you put about two teaspoons of fresh leaves in the infuser, then put the teapot and cup in the tray you found at the counter below.

The kettle began to whistle loudly, indicating that it was done heating up. You carefully lifted the kettle handle and brought it to the teapot, pouring its contents inside. You then put in the infuser, "Princess Y/N. The girl is awake!" The dwarf, wearing a cap covering his eyes, called you halfway from the staircase.

You nodded, "I'll be right there." You called back at him as he ran back up. You halfway close the lid of the teapot, taking a deep breath, you carry the tray upstairs to the room.

'It's a good thing Mrs. Potts taught me the basics of making tea.'

edited