Chapter 6

"Alright, we have exactly six hours to create the most romantic atmosphere known to man...er... beast," Cogsworth said as he marched from right to left in front of all of the castle staff and you. Belle and Adam are hanging out by the library while you are at the bottom of the grand staircase, planning to make Belle fall in love from the time she and he were playing outside in the snow earlier.

You looked at him like he was crazy. He looked at your confused face. "Need I remind you that as the last petal falls from the rose, we will remain as antiques forever!" He explained, and some gasped, forgetting about that fact, including you. "Now you all know your assignments." He pointed out, and the staff got to work, leaving you with your dog.

You shrugged as you went upstairs to your room. Once you arrived, you began to prepare the cosmetics and helped Mrs. Wardrobe pick the perfect dress for tonight. As dusk came, Belle came back into your room and saw a bright yellow off-shoulder princess dress with gold highlights at the base, laying at the bed. She turned to the vanity and saw you surrounded by different beauty cosmetics.

"Before you could ask why. It's their idea, between you and him. Hope you don't mind." You explained, afraid that Belle might be spooked and disagrees. Thankfully, she nodded and didn't say another word.

And so, the coat racks started to work on her makeup while you supervised. Since you don't have arms now, the least you could do to help them is make her look pretty. Belle later put on the dress after her makeup. She looked stunning as they fixed her hair and her dress. You feel like something is missing.

'Hair, check. Dress, check. Makeup, check. Accessories, ...'

You widen your eyes and realize that she needs accessories to complete the look. You looked over to your opened jewelry box and picked out a pair of round, light lemon-colored earrings, with the help of some coat racks, of course. With a long ribbon and a pair of gloves with both matching colors as the dress, you lend the items to Belle. Belle gave you a weary look, and you nodded, responding to the non-verbal question.

Your eyes sparkled when she put on the accessories. She looks beautiful, especially with the ribbon tied to her hair. You were sure your brother would fall in love with her even more. You tell Cogsworth, who is leaning on the opened door checking, to inform your brother that Belle is ready.

You hopped out of the vanity and led Belle to the east side of the grand staircase. You noticed Belle looked uneasy. You thought maybe because something was bothering her.

"Don't be nervous. Just think of it as just the two of you. Plus, he doesn't bite." You gave her your best advice, as you didn't face her and look straight out the halls.

"How did you -"

"Your face says it all." You giggled when you saw the funny look on her face. She soon followed, and you two began to laugh nonstop 'till you reach the staircase. You gave her a gentle smile, and she returned it, then she walked down the steps as she got to the half, where the two staircases are interconnecting into one staircase.

You saw your brother on the other side trying to look posh. You hold in your laughter to not embarrass your brother. Once he reached where Belle was, you turned around and hopped back to your room. You find your dog and quickly mount him. You lead him to the upper spectator side of the ballroom. You watch your brother and your friend dancing while Mrs. Potts sings a song with the piano playing a tune.

'They sure look so sweet together.'

You felt so lonely watching the two love birds dancing, so you lead your dog back down. You reached the hall where it all began and stood by the fireplace—reminiscing the days where Belle's father first came to the castle.