Chapter 20: Everything is fair in love and war

Geists PoV / The next day

After a long debate me and Aria had finally convinced Doc that she was ok enough to get out of the medbay. Maybe that or he knew either he would let her go or I wouldn't leave either.
Anyway he let her leave. Under one condition, that was. I had to look after her for a while as the extended captivity without proper... anything... left her a bit weakened.
Neither of us minded that. I finally got a break, which Harry said he would have given me either way, Aria was out of the hospital bed and we could spend as much time as we wanted together.

Now we were laying in my bed netflix and chilling.
Well without the „chilling" part. Doc told us not to. At least not yet.

But that was ok. It was still nice being able to cuddle up and watch some good series. I finally got to finish casa de papel, which was nice.

Aria had fallen asleep by now, or at least I thought. I said to myself I would only watch one more episode of The Last Kingdom, but I was already 3 episodes in.

When she noticed that I was still not sleeping Aria turned around and turned off the Ipad, took it and put it on the nightstand, while I tried to argue that it was getting exciting, she pulled me down and put my arms around herself.

Aria: „Go to sleep." she said, or rather commanded tiredly.

Geist: „Not without a Gute Nacht Kuss." I argued, sheepishly grinning.

She rolled over and gave me a quick peck on the lips and wanted to turn back around, when I pulled her towards me again and continued the kiss.

When we parted again she mumbled something in italian, probably nothing nice, before cuddling up to me, instead of rolling around again.

I grinned and whispered „Hab dich lieb.", before finally falling asleep after a bit.

~Timeskip~

The next morning, after having a quick breakfast in my dorm, we decided to go to the break room.

Once we got there we saw Blitz and IQ sitting on the couch, cuddled up and looking quite tired.

Geist: „Lange Nacht?" (Had a long night?) I asked with a grin.

Blitz: „Eine gute Nacht." (A good night.) he said with a grin.

I let out a short laugh before feeling the stare or rather glare of both Alibi and IQ on the both of us.

I just cleared my throat and sat down on the other half of the couch, still with wide eyes as Alibi joined me.

Geist: „Zumindest weis ich jetzt das die Wände schalldicht sind..." I muttered under my breath before being punched on the shoulder by IQ. „Aua..."

Alibi: „What did he say?"

IQ: „He said that he at least knows that the walls are soundproof now." she translated for her, which was promptly followed by Aria hitting the back of my head.

Geist: „Hey! That hurt."

Alibi: „Good." she said with a grin before she and IQ did a fistbump.

I sighed. „But why only me?! Blitz is often just as bad as I am right now!"

IQ: „Well he kept quiet for once..."

Blitz: „Ha ha." he said with a wide grin as I glared at him. Shortly after IQ also hit him on the shoulder, too.

~Timeskip~

Two days later / 8:30PM

Geist: „How the hell is this supposed to work?!" I cursed, while I struggled to keep up.

Alibi: „Trust me you'll like it, when you get the hang of it..." she said in a calming tone.

I sighed.

Alibi: „Now let's try again." she said with a smile and started the music again. „1, 2, 3. 1, 2, 3." she said as we went through the steps again.

Geist: „I'm telling you, I'm just not made for dancing." I complained as the Waltzer continued in the background.

Alibi: „Don't say that. You're getting better already." she reassured me with a smile.

Geist: „You really think so?" I asked unconfidently.

Alibi: „You're doing great." she said and gave a quick peck on the nose.

Geist: „But why do you want to teach me again?"

Alibi: „Because it can be quite useful undercover... and because we have nothing better to do right now... Now, once more."

~Timeskip~

After roughly a week Doc finally gave Alibi to start training with other ops again.

And if course Harry suggested that it should be a 1v1 against me.

So there I was, sneaking through the Master bedroom on the second floor towards kid bedroom, where I knew the objective was. I didn't find any of her holograms around so they were probably all on site, which meant I needed to be careful.

As I rounded the corner in the bathroom I already saw the barrel of her gun stick out through the doorway in which there was a deployable shield placed.

I figured that it had to be a hologram but to make sure I wanted to check if there was a prisma on the floor.

After wide-peeking the doorway to see if I could find her hiding nearby I went up to the shield and bent over it. There was a prisma but the projection seemed off.

When I looked back up someone suddenly pulled my head forward and into a kiss as my PCS deactivated, which lasted for quite a while. After Alibi and I seperated she smirked and said „Got you." as she already had her knife underneath my arm, between it and my plate carrier.

Over my earpiece came an announcement. „Blue team won. All operators eliminated."

I tried to glare at her, while not being able to hide grin I had on my face. „Probably worth it..." I admitted after giving up on the glare... „But that doesn't count as real training..."

Alibi: „Fine... If you want to lose again." she said and grinned.