Chapter 1

"Sarah get up your gonna be late for your first day to your new school." My mother said as she pulls me out of bed. "Just 10 more minutes." I begged. But my mom ripped the covers off and I was only in my underwear. I shot up and grabbed them back. "MOM WHAT THE FUCK!!" I yelled with my face red with embarrassment. "Well if you got up when I first told you to none of this would happen now would it." My mom says all pissy. "Get up I'll be waiting in the car." My mom said while walking out. I get up and get my clothes on. I just throw on a simple black tee and sweatpants and tied my hair in a high pony. I grab my bag and walk downstairs and grab a piece of toast and walk out to the car.

Well this is it my first day at my new school. I look up and read the sign Pine view High school. I walk into the school and head to the main office. "Hello dear how can I help you?" The lady at the front desk asks. "Uhm.. Hi I'm Sarah Knox the new kid?" I say more as a question than an answer. Damn these nerves are getting to me. "Ahh ok well firstly welcome Ms. Knox we are more than happy to have you here my name is Mrs. Sherly." She explains as she extends her hand for a hand shake. I shake her and and she smiles brightly. "Okay dear I'm going to call the guidance councilor down here to help you get all situated." She says picking up the phone. A few minutes of awkwardly sitting around she hangs up the phone. "Okay dear he'll be down in just a second. okay?" She says getting a nod in response.

A few minutes later a man came into the office wearing nice dress pants and a white dress shirt. "Ahh Mr. Hemmings this here is our new student Sarah." Mrs. Sherly tells to the man. "Ahh so this is Sarah. Nice to meet you I'm Mr. Hemmings, but please call me Jack." He says expanding his hand. I shake is and let out a small smile. "Okay love lets get going to my office and well get your schedule and such all planned out for the year yah?" He says his Australian accent coming in hot. I nod and follow him out the main office and down the hallway after saying good bye to Mrs. Sherly.

After getting my schedule and getting a tour around the school Mr. Hemmings shows me to my first class. "Have a great first day Sarah and if you ever need to talk to me just ask your teachers if you can talk to Mr. Hemmings. Alright?" He asks and I nod. "Alright kiddo I'll see you 7th period." He said causing me to nod. You see Mr. Hemmings is also the Biology teacher due to under staffing in this school. I found that out by my tour of the school.

The day went by normal like a normal school day. Students and staff wanting an introduction and wanting to know my back story. At lunch I sat alone and yah it was all interesting I guess. And when 7th period came along I sat in the back of the class with my table group which consisted of two siblings and a girl who is barely ever in school as I was told from one of the siblings. "My name is Katie by the way. And that's my twin brother Johnny." she says I nod and wave. "Sarah, Sarah Knox." I say. She smiles. I love the name Sarah it sounds so pretty. She says. "Thank you my mom gave me the name." I tell her.

After class me and Katie had the same class so we walked together. "So how's your first day going so far?" She asks, I shrug "it's okay my social battery is low though." I say trying not to yawn. "I feel that school is quite draining especially the first day. Hey do you have a phone?" She asks. I nod and take my phone out of my pencil case. She smiles, "Perfect want my snap?" I nod and she pulls out a sticky note that has something written on it. "Here I even wrote down my brother's snap you can thank me later." She exclaims cheerfully. "Ill add you guys when I get home." I say she smiles and nods.

We arrive at our class and get all settled in. The rest of the school day goes by painfully slow. At this point I'm ready for bed. I head to my locker and grab my bag and hoodie. I don't care where I live I will always wear a hoodie. As I head out of the school I hear my phone buzz. I take a look and see its my mom that messaged me.

[S- Sarah M- Mom]

M: Honey I got held back at work today your gonna have to walk home. The address is 45 Maple St. 143221 Osprey FL. You'll have to look it up in google maps. Walk safely love you baby!!