Chapter I: Assassination Time (Part I)

Another normal day at Class 3-E, which is also known as the End Class. The students are already seated, silently waiting for their teacher to arrive. The atmosphere is tense as they do so, reflecting the bleak horizon where streaks of sunlight are unable to reach the ground because all of it is momentarily blocked by the large and thick clouds passing by. Suddenly, a gust of wind could be heard outside that made some parts of the wooden structure of the building to tremble by the pressure before their teacher slides the wooden door open and instantly appears in front of the class afterwards, ready to take the attendance.

"Let's get started. Student on duty, on your command." The octopus-like teacher excitedly requested while softly putting his record book on the wooden teacher stand, creating a soft thud that echoed throughout the silent room as he wiggles his yellow tentacles on each of his sides.

"Stand!" A boy with hair that has the same color as the hiding sky stood up after he exclaimed for all to hear as his actions were then followed by his classmates in an instant, letting the silence ensue within the area once more as each of them prepares for what is about to occur.

With a preferable type of gun provided by the organization that assigned you and the others to assassinate the mysterious creature, you stealthily stood up as any minimal noise produced was silenced by your classmates when they also made their move. Wooden seats scraped against the floor and the clicking of guns echoed through the room, causing you to narrow your gaze in concentration to focus on your current target. Each of you has one aimed at the teacher since this is not an ordinary roll call as informed and having no other choice, it would seem that this routine would be a regular one for you and the others.

"Attention!" Your classmate announced another order with a gaze holding determination as he pins his attention to his teacher as well, letting his breathing subtly drown his hearing as you silenced your own to hear the rhythm of it along with the others, despite them trying to be quiet with it.

In contrast to your observation, you are certain that the room is completely silent for your classmates as they are completely focused on a certain being, already taken their stance and desired weapon that are all pointing at the target. They are getting ready to fire that is being proven with the steady hold of their guns, being fairly certain with their accurate aim. Some are a bit nervous of what the outcome of their attempt will be, resulting for them to lose their gaze to the target and composure for a moment, but they are luckily quick enough to gain it back. Observing the situation was easy through your peripheral vision.

"Bow!" The teacher's own awaiting ended after your classmate yelled an order for the last time before every one of you fired as the loud noise coming from the firing weapons overpowered his announcement even before he was able to completely inform the class about the start of it.

The target snapped out of his own frozen state as he waits in anticipation of the cooperated attack from his dear students, instantly presenting the great advantage he has over them despite being clearly and supposedly outnumbered. Each one of you is trying to hit the teacher that is avoiding the BB pellets at a faster rate than the travelling bullets, though you were certain that everyone is only shooting without any proper tactic in mind. The bullets missed its target and hit either the wall or the blackboard while you let your own do so, despite already seeing a possible pattern and next area to aim to have a successful hit.

"Good morning, class! Fire all you like while I'll be taking the attendance. Isogai-kun?" Your teacher informed before he proceeds with the attendance, starting out with the male class representative while still dodging the bullets and having his signature grin on his face that seems to be forever glued on it.

The student immediately yelled out a response for his teacher to know that he is indeed present and among the people continuing with the attack as he did the informing while still shooting his gun, though it seemed that he was not clearly heard as the teacher requests. "I'm sorry, you'll have to say it louder with all this gunfire."