Chapter III: Karma Time (Part II)

When it is already close for the class to start and also left satisfied with your solitude while enjoying the nature, you stood in front of the closed sliding door of your classroom. The absence of ruckus inside it caused you to be confused and mildly concerned, even more so when you detected something unusual. Despite how miniscule it may have been probably because its owner tries to hide it, you sense the subtle blood lust coming inside the room. You are certain that no one is in danger and only concluded that another assassination attempt might occur that left you relieved since it might just be another day as usual, though you do not enter yet.

It's because you notice a creature approaching from the corner of your eye as you politely smiled before facing the direction of your approaching teacher that seemed distressed about something as he sadly looks at his opened purse. Tiredness seemed to be evident around his beady eyes that made it look heavier than usual, expressing not only his concerns, but his lack of motivation for moving forward it seemed. His usual cheerfulness temporarily gone as his moves are a bit sluggish than normal while he sniffs dramatically with waved lines appearing on his head that made you sweat drop after hearing him expressing his disbelief of his lack of money.

You carefully greet your teacher, causing him to be mildly surprised before he returns your greeting with lower cheerfulness than he intended that caused you to be curious and concerned as to what is the reason behind his dampened mood as he immediately answered. "I don't have enough money to buy a gelato."

"You sound surprised... Though don't worry, Koro-sensei, your paycheck is already close, right? Plus, I'll give one to you later. Is that okay with you? You still have to wait a bit, though." You sweat dropped after remembering how much he had been spending before he becomes excited with your comment.

Securing his coin purse while thanking you profusely while being close to tears, he then opens the sliding door while gesturing for you to get inside first and once you did, Koro-sensei follows after you as he ducks his head to lower his height with respect to the door frame's limit before he greets the class with new-found joy. "Good morning, everyone!"

Despite how uncomfortable the atmosphere has been once the only barrier had been removed by your teacher, you carefully walk across the room with a single goal in mind, to reach your seat. You remained unfazed by the depressing nature of your surrounding, opting to take refuge in your own seat once you arrived. You instantly scan the room to notice almost everyone avoiding any eye contact with their teacher with most glancing on their desk with others on the scenery outside through the window. Once your gaze is pinned to your seatmate, your hypothesis had been rightfully concluded when you see him not saddened and subtly smirking. 

Upon remembering his queries to Nagisa yesterday, everything makes even more sense as you noticed the unfortunate creature being impaled on the teacher's podium that had been easily done so because it's made from wood. You assume that the tool used to pierce through the octopus's head had been an ice pick, though unsure as you are unable to clearly view it. Noticing the silence and lack of proper response from his students, Koro-sensei immediately asks what is wrong with them. He stops midway through his question upon observing the octopus as he realizes what could have been the reason behind the unusual atmosphere of the room.

Koro-sensei's beady eyes met the animal's own widened ones as its appendages lack any movement and despite the lack of blood that is a sign of its death, its subtle dryness from its top surface had been enough evidence of its stolen life as Karma then nonchalantly remarks. "Oops, my bad. I mistook it as you and killed it. Bring it here, I'll dispose of it." 

You give a side glance to your seatmate, knowing full well that he intended for everything to happen. Though with the subtle annoyance you feel, you are undeniably amused and would be looking forward to any of his attempts, knowing that you will be there to help the teacher take care of Karma in the end. Facing the direction of his student, Koro-sensei agrees and gets the dead octopus with gentleness. The animal's tentacles immediately present limpness as it hung in the air as Koro-sensei only holds it by its head, letting its face be positioned to be presented to the class, especially to the one that killed it before Koro-sensei makes his careful approach.