Chapter 2

Amber’s POV:

“Ryan Parker”, I repeated the words in my head again and again as I saw him making his way out of the bar and in a few seconds he was out of sight. I just stood at the counter not realizing that I was there for a purpose.

The manager would screw me if he would see me daydreaming at such a time where I should run my hands faster than the wind. Just then my best friend Ethan, who also works at the same bar with me shook my shoulders bringing me out of my thoughts.

“He is watching”, he said while signalling towards the counter where the manager sat, his eyes towards me. I shook my head at him and got back to my work.

Ethan and I have been friends even before I can precisely remember. My mom and aunty Rose were batch mates in college and after they both got married it came as a surprise to them to be neighbours.

Ethan helped me settle here in New York as he moved a year before me. We share the same college and we are both designer students.

It was although tough to convince my mom to let me make my career as a designer as she would rather like me being a doctor or an engineer for that matter. It was almost midnight when my shift ended.

I was grabbing my bag when Ethan called from behind me. “Wanna crash at my place tonight?”, he said while cleaning the last set of glasses.

“Only if you have nachos and mayonnaise stacked up for me!”, I replied while sticking my tongue out. He laughed at my reply before holding my hand and taking me out of the bar.

We were sitting on his bed while watching ‘Teen wolf’ which Ethan was obsessed with. I had already watched the goddamn series a hundred times with him, enough to remember certain dialogues.

I was munching on a packet of nachos while Ethan was hogging on some ice cream. He was telling me something that happened at the bar today when I completely zoned out.

I couldn’t get Ryan Parker out of my head the entire time since he left the bar. What was he doing in the bar when the man certainly had one of the size twice of ours at his own place?

I could remember how his hair was properly gelled and they looked so perfect as if he had just got out from a salon. His grey eyes looked sad yet had the capacity of drowning someone completely.

He had a perfect sharp jawline and I felt that if I would run my finger over it, it might slice it open. And how can I forget those thin lips that could make anyone crave them over and over again.

I mean the man is the definition of a sex god. I smiled at my own thoughts.

“Repeat what I just said”, came a voice that I quickly remembered to be of someone whom I call my best friend. “Uhmm… I am sorry. I wasn’t paying attention”, I said while biting my lower lip.

“What is it that caught your attention even when I am saying something so important?”, he said while taking the packet from my hand. I quickly retrieved my bag of chips from him and said, “Yes…You are interested in some guy from the bar whom you know nothing about and still believe that what if he is the one for you and you are missing out on him just because you are shy enough to initiate the conversation. Is this the important thing that you are talking about?”

I said all of this in a single breath and  was proud of myself when I saw the reaction on his face. He looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, “How did you know this when you said that you weren’t even listening?”

I laughed at his puppy face reaction and after pinching his cheeks I said, “Because you always talk about these things only. Do you remember the last time we were at your place? You were talking about that guy Donald whom you saw in the washroom and even asked for his number just to later find out that he wasn’t gay.” He hid his face in his palms before saying, “Am I seriously turning into some desperate but cute gay who needs to get laid?”