Chapter 4

Amber’s POV :

“Y…Yes!”, I said while turning around to look at him. His eyes shifted to my lips that were stuck between my teeth.

I smiled at him and waited for him to speak. “Why are you here so late today?”, he asked while looking at his own hands.

“Umm…I couldn’t make it to my shift on time today as I was busy working on my college project. So in order to make up for it I am working late”, I said while passing him his drink. While he took the glass from me our fingers touched and I swear I stood there frozen for a second.

His touch sent shivers down my spine. Seeing Ryan today at the bar after I have been stalking him on social media for a week made me very nervous.

I didn’t know how to react and what to say in his presence anymore. I stood there like a maniac staring at my own fingers that made contact with his, seconds ago.

I thought of making some small conversation with him but he seemed least interested to me. This made me feel sad and I thought that maybe he needed some alone time.

So I then went to attend some other customers. While I was talking to Shane who is a regular customer and also one of my good friends, my eyes averted to Ryan and he was already looking at me.

He motioned me with his fingers and I made my way towards him. “Can we talk?”, he asked while rolling his glass causing the ice cubes to swirl around.

I looked behind me thinking that maybe he was talking to someone else but finding no one else around, I knew that the question was directed towards me. “Me?”, I asked him while pointing at myself.

“No. The clown behind you”, he said while rolling his eyes at me. “You know I hate this attitude of yours”, I said while taking a seat next to him.

He just smiled at me and asked my best friend to make a drink for me as well. Ethan looked at me while raising his eyes and passed me his ‘not so famous’ smirk.

I smiled a little at him before my eyes decided to focus on the gentleman in front of me. “What do you wanna talk about?”, I asked him while taking a sip from my glass.

“Tell me about yourself!”, he said while resting his elbows on the counter. I choked on my drink when I heard him saying that.

He patted me on the back and I must say, in any ordinary situation this would have made me relaxed but in the case of someone whom I was already crushing on, it wasn’t doing me any good. To top it all, it just made me feel worse.

My eyes watered and seeing me in this state, Ethan rushed towards me and handed me a tissue and a glass of water. He glared at Ryan and said, “What did you do?”

Ryan looked at him with utter surprise and said, “I didn’t do anything. I just asked her something and on that she just choked on her drink.” Ethan then looked at me to know if he was speaking the truth and I just nodded in response.

Once I was back to being a normal person, Ethan went back on doing his job. “So…you wanna tell me what exactly I said that made you choke on your drink?”, he said while looking in my eyes.

“I just felt it strange that you wanna know about me”, I said truthfully. He nodded at me and I couldn’t exactly figure out as to what he was thinking about.

After a few minutes of silence I asked him, “How does it feel to be a millionaire? Like to be above everyone else, to have such fame and to have an indeed perfect life!” He looked at me for a second before setting his drink aside and said, “Money doesn’t buy happiness!”