Chapter 8

Ryan’s POV:

Just then the manager came to meet me along with two others who I assumed were also managers but worked at a different time. I got up from my seat to greet them while the manager who I already knew blabbered to them about how they have such nice services that even the state's millionaire pays a visit to their bar.

I wanted to tell him to shut up and leave me alone but being a renowned personality refrains you from that right as a good public image is very important at certain times. Just then there was a small tap on my shoulder that caused me to turn around towards the bar counter.

“Ethan told me that he is here. I mean why is he even trying to make me laugh at something that isn’t even worth a smile. I hate his pathetic jokes honestly”, she said without even looking at me. My breath hitched in my throat to see how beautiful she was looking.

Yes! Beautiful. That is the most precise word to describe her.

Not hot, not sexy. Just beautiful.

She was wearing a plain red dress that reached till her thighs along with a black leather jacket. She had paired it with black stockings and ankle length shoes of the same colour.

But it wasn’t the dress that made her look so pretty, it was the beauty that she herself was. She was chewing on some gum while cleaning the glasses in her hand.

I fake coughed to get her attention while resting my elbows on the counter. As soon as she saw at me, her mouth remained wide open as if she saw a zombie in front of her.

Well correction. A handsome zombie.

I smiled at her but she didn’t budge from her place. I snapped my fingers in front of her face to bring her back to the living from whatever fairyland she had dispersed into but she still didn’t move.

“Hey Amber!”, I said while looking at her to atleast get some response. Yes! I expected her to be surprised but I wasn’t really planning to get her made into a wax model as soon as she saw me.

Just then she brought her palm to my face and for a second I literally thought that she was going to slap me but indeed she poked me in the cheek with her index finger. As soon as she felt my touch against her fingers, she covered her face while jumping up and down which caused me to tilt back a little from my position.

“Oh my god! Oh my god! You are really here”, Amber said while still peeking out from the space between her fingers to make sure that the reality isn’t playing pee-ka-boo with her. I just couldn’t stop laughing at her reaction.

I took both her hands in mine and while keeping my eyes on hers I said softly just for her to listen, “Hey beautiful. I am here!” She looked at me again with the eyes that held the entire universe painted in the brightest shades of orange and smiled a little at me.

She then took my hand before coming in front of the counter and almost dragged me outside the bar. As soon as we reached outside she asked excitedly, “Are you seriously here? This isn’t a dream right?”

I just smiled at her before saying, “Yes. In flesh and blood.” “But how is it possible that you are here when you told me that you were going to be in Paris?”, she asked while looking anywhere but me.

I didn’t know what to say to her then. I didn’t want to sound like some creep who cancelled all his meetings and came all the way back to New York just to see her smile this big.

“Umm…we got done a day earlier and so I am back in New York”, I said while scratching the back of my head. “Ohh! I am happy that you are here. And I was literally thinking that Ethan was lying to me about you being here. He deserves an apology as I literally bursted at him for being an ass to me regarding such a thing”, Amber said while brushing the hair from her face that were brought upon by the mischievous November breeze.