Chapter 29

Amber’s POV:

“I am hungry”, I said to Ethan while poking him continuously in the ribs. He got up from the bed  where we both had form a mattress fort for our movie marathon and stretched his arms before saying, “Can you believe it’s been six hours? Look at the mess we have made. I am in no mood to cook anything today. Wanna order some tacos and watch another movie?”

I snorted at his words before looking at the empty Cheetos packets laying around us along with the half empty beer bottle. I sighed incredulously just at the thought of cleaning all this up.

I finally got up from the bed and took the two empty bowls which were previously filled with nachos and salsa dip into the kitchen. When I came back into the bedroom, Ethan had neatly arranged all the mattresses back in his closet and was now holding the beer bottles in his hand.

I collected the Cheetos wrappers from the floor and followed him into the kitchen. He poured a glass of orange juice in a glass and handed it to me.

“Drink. You need to be hydrated after all that crying you have done in the past thirty minutes”, Ethan said while dropping his hands on his waist. I rolled my eyes at him before taking a sip of the citrusy juice and handed it back to him.

“You really didn’t expect me to not cry after seeing Rose and Jack getting separated because of that stupid, stupid iceberg. How could Jack just let Rose go ahead in that small boat without getting in with her? How can people manage to leave the one’s they love and go ahead in life without them?”, I said while trying so hard to not let a tear slip down my eye at the mere thought of thinking about that scene from the movie. Ethan hugged me so gently as if I was a baby and rubbed my back soothingly before saying, “You are relating that movie with something else in your life. I know its hard, babe but it is what it is. It won’t hurt that much one day, I promise.”

I looked at him and smiled while those traitorous tears slipped from my eyes. He wiped them with his thumb and asked me, “Tell me, what should I order?”

I looked around the house that I was in from the last seven hours and suddenly I started feeling too congested and in dire need of fresh air. “Can we just go somewhere and eat? I want to get out of this place now”, I answered him while smiling sheepishly.

Ethan gave me a wry smile before replying, “Okay. Get dressed in your best dress and we are going out to celebrate.” I kissed him on the cheek before asking, “What are we celebrating?”

Ethan took a minute to think about my question and finally replied, “The death of a non-existent love story, eh? Sounds good right?” I slapped him on the chest before making my way into his bedroom.

I thanked myself for keeping some of my best dresses at Ethan’s place. I decided to wear a red one-piece that reached till my knees.

It had a sweetheart neckline which made my boobs look pretty sexy. I left my hair open and wore a diamond choker around my neck to make the outfit look simple yet elegant.

After applying a thin coat of mascara on my already thick lashes, I chapped my lips with the matte red lipstick that I always keep with me in my tote bag. I stepped into a pair of red plump heels that I didn’t even know were at Ethan’s place until I saw them lying in the corner just next to his leather shoes.

After giving myself one last look in the mirror and being completely satisfied with what I saw, I made my way into the living room where Ethan was waiting for me. He was sitting on the couch while scrolling through his phone.

But as soon as he saw me, he dropped his phone on the couch and came towards me. He turned me around as if I was a mannequin wearing a dress and he was deciding if he should buy it and then exclaimed, “Whoah! You look so hot, babe. Trust me, if I would have been straight, I would have definitely skipped a heartbeat after looking at you.”