Chapter Five

The night is almost halfway through and in about another 30 minutes I am going to go back and pack and leave. After a while I told Beta Axel and Miranda that I was going to walk around the open areas of the castle for it. Beta Axel just told me to look for him when I wanted to go home, and he would send Brandon to take me back. I really appreciated his thought towards my safety, it was a nice change.

During this event they decided to open parts of the castle to guests so they can look around at portraits of previous rulers and see other beautiful rooms. I was going to walk around earlier but then decided that it might be best to do it when the Alpha Kings are about to join the party. This way I can make sure I dont run into them. I dont want to risk meeting them. It wouldnt end well for me. I just have a feeling.

I make my way out the ballroom and head in the direction of the portraits. Art has always fascinated me. The way that someone can portray so much in one image. And the way that a particular piece of art can be interpreted in so many different ways by every different person.

My art skills are limited to some drawings and I have slowly learnt some other methods of art like painting or charcoal or dance, but drawing is still my favourite. As a child I had little interest in art I was much more into sport and science but growing up, I changed.

Walking through the castle, I get to admire all the intricate detail that went into this magnificent structure. Even something as simple as the walls have delicate gold details in different points. I love it. I could walk around here and never get tired of looking at everything.

Im almost in the portrait room when I hear the silence then the cheering from the ballroom. I assume the Alpha Kings have finally arrived. I simile to myself. My timing was perfect.

I walk into the portrait room, leaving all the noise behind me. this room is beautiful. The lines are walled with numerous paintings. Some are portraits, some are of the entire royal family and some are landscape. They are all so gorgeous. I am so fascinated looking at all the paintings.

But then one catches my eye. Its a painting of the area that I train in every night. But in this painting, there is a giant magnificent tree in the middle with beautiful white and blue flowers hanging from it.

After some time of appreciating the painting, I notice that there is less noise from the ballroom. This arise my suspicions and I take a precautionary measure. I turn around and look at the door where I came into this room. I dont think I should go back that way in case someone is heading this way from that direction. I looked at other door on the other end of the painting room and I slowly make my way to it.

Suddenly, I hear a commotion near the door and quickly hide on the other side of the wall next to the door opposite to the entrance. There is a lot of yelling and shouting. There is also the sound of many loud thunderous steps heading this way.

A few seconds later I hear the commotion reach the room I was in. I stay silent, listening.

Its still here, I can still smell her scent. Someone says in an alluring deep and serious voice. A voice I dont recognise.

I can smell her as well; she was just here. This voice sounds the same as the other. Just as alluring and deep but this one sounds stronger. Again I dont recognise it.

Both voices hold authority and frustration.

Alphas, what are you talking about? I recognise that voice. Beta Axel.

Oh no. I really need to get out of here. I am the only other person that has been in this room for the past 20 minutes and the only time a werewolf acts this way is if they find their mate.