Chapter 7

I take a moment to actually look at the two werewolves that are standing in front of me. When looking at them, it is difficult to see the difference between them. They are both very tall, about 6 foot 6 with short-ish dark brown, almost black hair. Although I cant see under their clothes, I can tell they have toned bodies and broad shoulders. They both have chiselled faces with sharp jaw lines.

The only difference I can tell between the two is the colour of their eyes. Ryden has deep blue eyes that seem cold and calculating. They match his personality as he seems to be the more serious of the two. Ryland on the other hand has deep green forest eyes that seems to have a hint of mischief in them which matches his playful personality perfectly.

Ryland finally decides to break the silence and says Im going to go get us a drink, Lily, why dont you take a seat on the couch, Ill be right back he says with a boyish smile then disappears into what I assume is the kitchen.

Now its just Ryden and myself in the living room. I look at the couches, one is a black leather Olympic style couch on one side of the room, facing a fireplace on the right side and the on the other is a white French style couch with black trimming facing the entrance of the apartment. I decide to sit on the French style couch. This will mean that nothing can sneak up behind me and I have sight of all the entrances and exits.

I walk over to the French couch but just before I reach it to sit down Ryden is already sitting there, seemingly waiting there for me to sit down. Damn their supernatural speed. I glare at him for a moment and he has the nerve to look at me with slight amusement in his stern eyes.

I quickly turn on my heels to make my way to the other couch but then I feel a pair of large strong hands grab my waist and pulls me onto a lap sideways. I am about to yell at him to let me up, but Ryland walks in at that moment with a bottle of wine and three crystal glasses. He places them on small side table in front of us and pours wine into each glass.

I can tell that Ryland takes notice of my current position and it seems to bring a smirk to his face. I start wriggling in Rydens lap, wanting to get up but he just tightens his grip on my waist pulling him closer to me. I hate this. I hate being touched. I hate being this close to someone.

I can feel my heart rate speed up and I can feel the anxiety bubbling inside me. I take a moment to focus on my breathing and try to calm down. They are doing anything bad yet. I tell myself.

Rydens hands tighten even more, almost to the point of pain, bring me out of my reverie. Stop moving. Youre not getting away from us. He says so close to my ear I can feel his breathe. He sounds scarily serious. Its enough to get me to stop and look between the two of them.

Ryland takes two of the glasses and give one to me and one to Ryden, then takes one for himself. I look at the wine in the glass. It has such a beautiful deep red colour and it smells absolutely delicious. So much so that it tempts me to take a sip, but I refrain. Wine is one of the best drinks to use to hide other things in.

Both the guys take a deep breathe, smelling the wine before taking a sip of it. They both look at me expectantly, waiting to me to take a drink but I dont. I look down at my wine and place it in my lap with my hands.

Lily I look up at Ryden. Why arent you drinking the wine? he asks.

Its delicious Ryland comments, taking another sip.

I keep looking at Ryden. Something akin to understanding crosses his face.

Suddenly, my glass of wine is out of my hand and is replaced by his. This puts me at ease, I look at my drink then at the two men Im sitting with then take a small sip, savouring the bittersweet taste of the wine. I dont remember the last time I had a delicacy such as this.