Chapter 9

I am terrified. I dont know where I am. Its too dark to see anything. I try to move to look around but notice I cant. I soon realise I am tied to a chair. My body is sore everywhere and I can feel blood dripping on my young child arms, legs and face. As I struggle to get out of my restraints my surroundings start to get brighter. Once I notice I can see more, I look around for a way out. I freeze. My blood runs cold. A scream gets lodge in my throat at the sight before me. Surrounding me in a circle are other kids my age, all with terrified looks stuck on there faces. They are all dead. I twist my head to see behind me and to my sides only to see the same thing everywhere. Children. Teachers. Friends. All dead. Their eyes all looking at me. I hear a dark chuckle coming from in front of me. I watch as the figure slowly walks into the light. Its him. the monster that destroyed everything. I struggle harder in the chair trying to get away but with no luck. By the time he reaches in front of me he I am shaking with fear. I can feel the tears streaming down my face. I want to beg him to let me go. But I cant find my voice. Im partly grateful. I dont know if I even want to live another day after this. The man crouches down in front of me with an evil glint in his smile. His left hand is holding belt the other has a gun which he uses to lift my chin up to look at him.

Its your turn he says with such enjoyment.

I start struggling more in my restraints trying to find a way out but to avail. The monster in front of me stands up and walks behind me. He takes the belt puts it over my head to my neck. He slowly starts tightening it. But before he does, I can feel him lean down and whisper in my ear its your fault.

I freeze, feeling more tears fall down. I look straight in front of me at the child sitting there. Her dead eyes look up at me as she speaks its your fault. I look around and watch at all the people around me look at me and repeat that over and over again.

Im sorry I whisper Im so sorry I repeat over and over in reply, getting louder and more hysterical as they keep telling me its my fault. Then I feel the belt around my neck tighten again. I keep struggling but its no use. I cant breathe.

I gasp awake, trying to breathe the air stolen from me. I quickly take in my surroundings, holding the knife in my hand for dear life. After a moment I remember where I am and dont see any immediate threats. I put the knife down next to me as I sit up, turning on the lamp on the bedside table. I sit with my knees bent, and my head in my hands, trying to regain my composure.

I havent dreamt of that day in so long. The day everything changed. Why did I dream this? I thought I got past that day. Then realisation hits me. The former alpha king. Hes why I remember; he looks like him. What if he is here? They must be related in some way for them to look so similar. With so many thoughts running through my head I decide to get up and splash myself with some cold water.

Head to the bathroom, turning the light on as I enter. I walk to the sink turn on the cold tap and splash the cold water in my face a few times, clearing my head and waking me up. I let out a deep sigh, looking down with my eyes closed and hands supported by the sink. After a moment I lift my head, looking in the mirror. I hate what I see looking back at me.

The girl looking back at me looks so sad and so broken. There is no happiness in her eyes. There are dark circles under her eyes from troubled sleeping. There is little colour from the bad eating habits. The girl looking back at is someone I despise. Someone who is never good enough Someone who never fought hard enough. Someone who ruins everything. Someone whose only mission in life is to end that of another. Someone who will avenge all the deaths that monster has taken. Someone who is done hiding. Done being scared. Done recuperating.

Resolving myself I decide I am leaving right now. I will find my way out of this castle. I will go back to Maria and Stevens place. There I will change, pack and head to my spot in the forest where I will collect my belonging and then leave here.