Chapter Six

I stand there with my back to the hedges looking side to side at the people who have me trapped. Brandon is on my left blocking my exit while Beta Axel is on my right blocking my other possible exit. Both are backed by multiple guards.

Im breathing deeply from all the running and adrenaline running through my body. I cant go anywhere. I dont know what to do. I cant stay here. How am I going to get out of this?

My thoughts are interrupted, Lily, you need to come back inside with us Brandon speaks slowly almost as if talking to a startled animal.

A reasonably accurate analogy.

Beta Axel was about to say something else when a growl is heard. The sound seemed to surround us. Everyone around me bow their heads down slightly and I immediately know who made that sound. This isnt going to be good.

Almost like the red sea parting, the guards on either side of me start parting, making a path. If I was stupid, I would think it was for me, but I know better. I keep my eyes to the floor. Looking into the eyes of a werewolf is the most certain way to know if they are your mate. So, this is my last-ditch effort to avoid this: do not look in their eyes.

After a few nerve-racking moments, I can sense the two men coming closer to me. I hate this. Eventually I can see the body of two tall, muscular men standing on either side of me. I know they are waiting for me to look at them, but I wont. I refuse.

After another few moments the one on my right speaks Come on mate, look at us he asks in a soft demanding tone.

I just give him a slight shake of my head in return to which I receive soft growls. Suddenly the one to my left grabs my chin and makes me look at him but I keep my eyes down cast. I know Im probably just delaying the inevitable, but I dont go down without a fight.

Suddenly I feel a warm hand sliding on my waist and I take a sharp breath in through my nose and my eyes dart up and meet deep blue eyes. They make me think of the deep blue ocean. I love the ocean.

As we are looking at each other I can feel the spark, that connection that you only get with your mate. As we stare at each other I watch as this mans eyes slowly swirl into more of a black colour and I know immediately that his wolf is taking over.

Mine he whispers huskily, so quiet Im sure I am the only person that heard. I was so distracted by looking into his eyes that I didnt realise he released my chin until I felt it grabbed by another hand in a similar way. My head was turn to my right to look at the person who just had his hand on my waist which is now accompanied by the man on my lefts hand.

I look into his forest green eyes. They are just as beautiful as his brothers. And once again I feel the spark, the connection that is made between us, and just as his brother his deep green eyes are clouded with black as his wolf takes over Mine he whispers to me.

As he says those words it feels as though my breath is knocked out of me and I break eye contact with both of them and look down and try to gather my wits about me again. They are too close to me and I want to push them away. I dont like being touched by people. I look down and see my hands are shaking so clench them into fists by my sides. Despite this I just cant bring myself to push them away, so I resort to just taking another step back until my back is touching the hedges behind me.

However, this didnt last long, and I guess these two werewolves wanted to touch me as much as possible, so they both took a step forward and bowed their heads into the crooks of my neck and took deep breathes.

I just close my eyes and try to calm my breathing but Im struggling. This is too much. Too quickly. I despise anyone or anything touching my neck. It brings in too many memories I am trying so hard to forget.