Substitute Lover: 3

Chen Li slowly opened his eyes and sat up. He rubbed his eyes and stretched a little before pausing.

He looked at the bed he was just sleeping on and tried to remember what happened.

Right, he was with that girl, Qiu Yi, and he was reading his book out loud to her. But after a while, he felt the girl's breathing get heavier so he decided to check on her and found her asleep on his lap.

She looked a little cute sleeping...

Chen Li suddenly slapped his cheeks with both of his hands. What was he thinking? He shook his head trying to get back onto his previous train of thought.

After he found her sleeping, he began to feel a little tired too...

Did he perhaps, fall asleep?!

The boy's cheeks turned red in an instant. That's such a childish thing to do!

Wait, if he fell asleep with Qiu Yi on his lap, how did he wake up on his bed? Could it be, someone carried him to his bed?

Chen Li covered his burning face with his two hands.

This is so humiliating.

And where is the girl now? He looked at his clock on the bedside table. It was already night time so she probably went home already.

While he was thinking that, the door to his room creaked open and Mrs Chen's face popped out.

"Ah, Li'er, you're already awake?" She asked walking towards the bed and sitting down. "Here, I brought you a glass of milk, drink up."

Chen Li hesitantly took the glass of milk from his mother's hands and drank a few sips while giving her an apprehensive glance.

"So," She started, "Do you like Qiu Yi?" Mrs Chen said dropping a bombshell on the little boy.

Chen Li immediately began choking. "W-What are you saying?!" He coughed with a slightly red face.

"Who knew even you could make a face like that." Mrs Chen laughed trying to take a closer look at the boy's face. "You know, if you like her, you've got my approval. She's very cute and I can tell she's a good child."

"Her background is also suitable with ours and the most important thing is that she can actually make you act like a cute little boy of your age." She teased poking at the boy's red cheeks.

"I don't like her." Chen Li muttered quietly.

"Sure, sure, keep telling yourself that. It won't be my fault if you come crying to me after she gets a boyfriend in the future. Xiao Yi is a pretty girl, after all. She'll probably grow up to be a beauty once older and have a whole line of suitors coming to court her." She sighed unaware of the little boy's shock.

Qiu Yi will get a boyfriend? Does that mean she'll also play with said boyfriends hair and sleep on his lap? He felt a pang in his heart.

Mrs Chen, noticing the boy's silence turned to look at his face only to get hit with the boy's sharp eyes filled with anger.

"Pfft. Haha." She laughed poking the boy's cheeks. "Look at this jealous face! You should quickly court her before she has any interactions with other little boys and falls in love with them."

Chen Li pouted. Hmph! As if he would allow her to play with another boy's hair or sleep on their lap. She can only do that with him!

"When is Qiu Yi going to come to visit again?" He asked.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, maybe we can give her parents a call tomorrow to see if she wants to come and play with you." Mrs Chen answered putting a hand to her chin.