Substitute Lover: 13

The rest of the day was quite uneventful and before they knew it, Jing Yi and Zhenzhen were back home. Jing Yi lied down on her bed with a book in her hand and seemed quite calm, unlike a certain system beside her anxiously floating around. Zhenzhen stared at its relaxed host.

[How can you be so calm, host!? This is an extremely important point of time, you could potentially fail your missions if one thing goes wrong!] Zhenzhen fretted. 

Could you blame it though? Jing Yi had left the male lead, Jian Min, and his rival, Chen Li together to run off to the female lead, Bai Feng and offer her some questionable advice.

The host subjected to this penetrating stare didn't seem to notice and instead continued focusing her attention on the book she was reading.

Zhenzhen thought about asking for the host's intentions but after a while, decided against it as it was sure that the host would reply the way she usually does to its questions, with an answer that didn't actually answer anything.

Instead, Zhenzhen decided to check in with the male lead and female lead to see what the situation was like for itself.

'Now should be the time where they're both thinking over their actions but are too afraid to go confront the other.' The little system thought as it pulled up two screens that showed what the leads were currently doing individually.

Expecting to see a sobbing Bai Feng and a disheartened Jian Min in each screen individually, Zhenzhen instead saw the two in the same room? Furthermore, they were making out?!

[Wha-! This isn't supposed to be happening right now? It hasn't even been a day since they argued!] Zhenzhen cried out in shock attracting the attention of Jing Yi.

Jing Yi gazed at the screen in silence before asking, "what are they doing? Are they exchanging saliva again?" She paused and moved closer to the screen to examine further. "Or are they fighting?" She questioned as she watched Jian Min push Bai Feng against a wall, both of his hands placed against the sides of the wall, trapping Bai Feng while she grasped onto his neck to bring him down to her level.

Zhenzhen was speechless. 'How does this look like fighting?' The only fight Zhenzhen was seeing was a fight for dominance with their tongues!

"They're not very good at fighting." Jing Yi commented. "Is Bai Feng trying to choke him? If so, she's not doing a very good job at it. Well, to be fair, Jian Min also isn't doing a very good job of trapping her efficiently either."

[Host, how does this look like fighting to you?] Zhenzhen sighed. It glanced down at the book Jing Yi was reading and read the title.

[101 Martial arts tips for dummies.]

'That book is probably influencing the host's thoughts.' Zhenzhen thought, silently making a mental note to keep those kinds of books away from its host. [They're not fighting, they're kissing. Though I'm not exactly sure why. They should be avoiding each other at this point in time.]

Zhenzhen looked at the screen once again to make sure it wasn't seeing things but instead saw the makeout scene become increasingly steamier. Zhenzhen then quickly put away the screens just in case it saw something it didn't want to see.

Jing Yi still looked quite perplexed as to what the leads were doing so Zhenzhen quickly changed the topic to avoid having to explain.

[Host, how about we leave them alone for a bit and check on Yan Xuying instead?] It suggested.

Jing Yi nodded and Zhenzhen pulled up a screen of Yan Xiuying.

The fluffy ball flinched as it heard a loud crash come from the screen. Jing Yi pulled the system down to her chest to cuddle it while she observed Yan Xiuying throwing a bunch of expensive-looking things to the ground while her maids watched in a mix of horror and fear.