Substitute Lover: 9

Chen Li arrived at the school entrance only to find that a crowd had already gathered and were currently whispering amongst each other. His immediate thought was, 'damn it, they saw her,' but then he listened to the whispers.

"No way... the male god, Jian Min and Bai Feng?"

"What? This doesn't make any sense!"

"Bai Feng is ugly and poor! How could the male god be with her?!"

Chen Li's ears perked up at the countless mentions of the name Jian Min. Jian Min was, after all, one of the children of the 4 big families and a person he was sure to encounter later on in the business field. That didn't mean he thought of Jian Min as a threat or anything, in fact, he wouldn't care much for Jian Min if not for the fact that the first banquet he attended with Qiu Yi was hosted by the Jian family.

He looked towards the source of all these whispers and found Jian Min holding hands with a girl and staring lovingly at her.

Jian Min had also matured handsomely, but he still retained some of his youthful cuteness. His eyes shined like sparkling stars and he had on a cute grin that could make countless girls swoon. He was just like a prince out of a fairytale. This made him seem like the more approachable one out of the two male gods, however, he had also rejected every girl that confessed to him, although in a much nicer way then Chen Li did.

His princess, on the other hand, merely had pleasing features, she was actually quite average. She also didn't seem to hear the offensive comments made about her as she kept on a happy smile with flushed cheeks.

Wait, but wasn't Jian Min engaged to Yan Xiuying? Chen Li observed the two with curiosity, did something happen?

Well, Qiu Yi's old man did say that it was irresponsible to get engaged at a young age, maybe he was right. 

"This isn't fair!" 

Chen Li heard a girl beside him say viciously. He watched as she ran up to the couple and attempted to slap Bai Feng on the face only to get stopped by Jian Min.

Her face turned into one of fear, then anger once again. "Why?! WHY?! Why would you choose her? She's just as average as the rest of us, so why her?" She bellowed, tears streaming down her face.

The fact that Jian Min rejected every confession he received also lead to rumours about him having a girlfriend, but people were expecting his rumoured girlfriend to be someone of high status that also shared the same stunning looks as him, no one had expected it to be Bai Feng.

Jian Min's kind and friendly face turned more serious. "Do you want to know why? It's because she had a pure inside and outside, unlike you." He criticized and then glanced over at the crowd of gossipers, clearly hinting at them that what he just said also applies to them too.

The gossipers were shocked and froze for a second. They had never seen such an angry Jian Min. 

Jian Min swept his eyes through the crowd and paused at Chen Li for a second. He then resumed as if he never stopped in the first place.

He took Bai Feng's arm despite her protests and dragged her away.

After they left, everyone snapped out of their shock.

"I can't believe he would go so far to protect her..." 

"I still don't believe this."

"Guys, don't you think we should support them?"

Wen Cai, who had suddenly appeared beside Chen Li, also shared his reaction. "Woah! Jian Min is actually taken. What a shock!"

"Aren't you guys friends? Did you know he was taken?" Wen Cai said excitedly, pestering Chen Li with an endless number of questions. "How do you think they fell in love? A prince and his Cinderella, how cool!"