Chapter 19 - Nightmare

Alastor wrapped the injured leg in bandages and sat back, putting away the kit. You slowly get up only for him to protest.

"I need to change," he sighs and helps you to your closet. You close the door as he waits patiently. You change into your long pyjamas and open the door again with a shy smile. Alastor being the gentleman he was, he averted his gaze knowing what you wore was set for more private times. He helped you into bed, fluffing up the pillow for you to rest on.

"Would you like to watch a picture show?" He points to the Tv. You shake your head making him nod.

"I'll just listen to your broadcast," you click your fingers as a weak image of a radio appears at your bed side only to disappear.

"No, don't strain yourself," Alastor waves his hand over the bedside and revealing a radio.

"Thank you,"

"Don't worry, my dear, though, there isn't much use, I won't continue my broadcast," he sits down at the end of your bed.

"What? Why not?"

"Well, you're injured, I can't possible resume, what if something happens to you?" You blush at his concern.

"You could always do your broadcast here?" You prod at your luck, mostly in hopes that he does stay.

"That's... that's actually a wonderful idea!" He clicks his fingers, his equipment set up next to your bed ready for broadcast.

"Perfect," you mumble as he sits down in his chair, his headphone half off in case you called for him.

"Welcome back! Sorry for the delay, needed to deal with one of the pesky exterminators! But no worries, they're dealt with!" He lets out a laugh making you smile. "Now, it seems down on Elm street there's been a streak of three kills!" You happily listened as he went on, always glancing at you incase you needed anything.

"I brought tea," Angel bursts through the door making you giggle as Alastor glared at him. "Whoops," he hands you the mug of tea which you sip at. "I'll go before I upset the strawberry pimp," Angel whispers loud enough for Alastor to hear.

"Thanks, mon Ange," you continue to listen to Alastors wonderful commentary, laughing here and there making his smile grow. Soon your eyes dropped slightly.

"Time to take a break, folks, if you die during this time I may not bother reporting it!" He shuts off his mic and walks up to you. "I think you need sleep," he tucks you into bed as you pout.

"But I want to listen," you let out a yawn making him laugh.

"We have 9 hours to go, just rest," you nod and sleep on your none injured side. Closing your eyes you feel a soft kiss being placed on your temple. "Sweet dreams, ma chèrie," hiding your blush you hear him chuckle and leave the room.

~~~

"No, no hold on, ladies and gents, this is a misunderstanding!" You chuckle nervously as shadows crowd around you behind you. "A mere deal that-"

"Silence!" You flinch at the volume. "You have played us for the last time, Miss L/n," the man and his group stalk forward as a shadow pushed you towards them.

"Play? My good sir, I have done no such thing!" You bow your head. "I play people stupid enough to fall for it!" You shuffle cards in the air and take three from the deck to reveal faces of people who have sold their soul to you.

"We didn't fall that deep, you slut," the man growls.

"I wanted hair on my head and instead I got hair everywhere!" A woman growls and points to her covered moustache.