Tutor • Pope

Prompt: "Sometimes being a complete nerd comes in handy" - Pope

Y/n's P.O.V

"Ugh....I'm never going to get it!" I said frustrated. "You just need to focus" Pope said calmly. "You've been telling me that for the past hour Pope" I roll my eyes.

"Calm on y/n. Don't overthink it you just have relax and let your brain do all the work." He reassures me shoving the paper I once threw back at my face. "Easy for you to say babe" I say sarcastically as I go over the paper trying to retain any information I could.

"When was the Outer Banks founded?" He asks me. "June 22" I said shutting my eyes trying to think. "yes yes yes good job! What year?" He replies. "15-I don't give a fuck" I say giving him my sweetest smile.

"Y/n" he groans. "Sorry I don't have an eidetic memory like some people" I respond annoyed. "Okay how bout this...what do you like to do for fun?" "Sing" I giggle responding almost immediately.

"okay I can work with that. Just make the information you can't remember into a song" he says. "I doubt that'll work" I tell him. "You'll never know if you don't try y/n" he adds with a hint of seriousness in his voice.

"Okay okay okay" I tell him as I grab the sheet trying to put the words into a rhythm.

****

"Okay class today we have an exam so clear everything off your desk and then you may begin" our teacher tells us.

I finally look down at mine and write down my name and the date.

When was the Outer Banks founded?

Okay think y/n. I hummed the tune of the song I made and got June 22, 1587. I silently squealed mentally thanking Pope.

The rest of the questions went exactly like the first one. If I didn't know the answer I just sang the song in my head and I got it.

I stood up from my seat and turned the paper in.

I waited for what felt like hours. I looked across the room and saw Pope reading a book.

It was like he sensed me looking at him and turned around. I blew him a kiss and he just gave me a smile.

"Alright class I'm going to pass the test back with your grades", my teacher walked around the room passing the papers back. I waited impatiently for mine.

I tapped my foot up and down repeatedly. When she finally got to my desk she placed the paper.

I couldn't believe what I saw. I had gotten an A. The biggest smile was now placed on my face as I hurried to get my stuff together as the rest of the class started to leave.

"Ready to go?" Pope asks as I walk up next to him. I nodded softly as I intertwined my hand with his.

"I got an A on test" I tell him. "That's my girl" he said kissing my forehead. "Sometimes being a complete nerd comes in handy" he tells me raising an eyebrow.

"I guess your right" I said pulling him closer to me as we walked home.

Hope you guys liked this one! Love y'all!🤍