Chapter 15: Hogsmeade Weekend

Harry and Draco had been dating on the down low for a few months. Hermione, Ron, and Professor Mcgonagall were still the only people who knew. Harry felt weird telling Ginny because he was the one who ruined their marriage and he wanted her to have someone new too before he told her he had found someone. Therefore, he couldn't tell any of the rest of Weasleys either.

For the first time, James, Albus, and Lily all decided to stay at Hogwarts for the Easter holiday. Harry and Ginny were both a bit worried about their kids; they knew they had gone through a lot this year. Which was the other reason Harry was keeping his relationship secret, he still hadn't even gotten to telling the kids he was gay.

It was the a beautiful spring Saturday; Harry and Draco decided to go to Hogsmeade for the day. They didn't mind getting seen together, most people didn't know they were gay so everyone just assumed they had some business together or had now become friends.

"I wish we had got to enjoy this together when we were in school." Draco said looking around at the cute, busy town.

"Well, we hated each other, remember?" Harry said jokingly.

"I know! I just wish things had gone differently sometimes." Draco admitted. He couldn't help but think that was his fault.

"Well I'm pretty happy how it worked out in the end." Harry said smiling at Draco, which cheered him up. "Plus I very much enjoyed tricking you from under my invisibility cloak."

"So that's how you did it!? I didn't realize you had it all the way back in third year, Potter."

"Ya, it belonged to my father, the only thing of his I own. Dumbledore gave it to me for Christmas first year." Harry told Draco as they walked through the town. They acted like children that trip: buying all the sweets in Honeydukes, checking out all the new prank stuff at Zonkos. Harry even bought a few things at Zonkos using the excuse that it was to show Ron and George what their competition was up to.

They headed up to the Shrieking Shack, and Harry told Draco about going in it his third year. Draco continued to be amazed at the true versions of everything Harry did at school. Every year there was always rumors, but usually the only people who learned the truth from Harry was Ron, Hermione, and Dumbledore. It felt weird for Harry to share it with someone else after all these years. Of course he had been approached many times to write books about his life, but even the rare time he would comment, he never went into detail with any of the stories. Sharing them all with Draco was nice. They could laugh about the silly parts, and Harry could cry about the sad parts and Draco was there for him. Harry had never been this vulnerable with anyone in this way before.

After telling stories of Sirius living in the mountain as Snuffles and filling their pockets with sweets and tricks, the two men headed into the Three Broomsticks. They sat at a table with their butterbeers and then Neville walked through the door. Harry waved him over.

"Hey, Neville!"

"Hey, Harry." He looked to Draco and then back to Harry, "Harry, could I speak to you for a moment?"

"Ya, ok." Harry said, looking back at Draco but stepping up to follow Neville to a different table. "What's up, Neville?"

"Harry, Ginny didn't really want me to tell you quite yet, but I need to." He took a deep breath, and continued. Harry couldn't help thinking about how much braver Neville had become over the years. "Ginny and I have been seeing each other. And I want you to know, and I want it to be alright with you, because you're my friend, Harry."

Harry actually felt relieved. Ginny was happy. And Neville was a great guy, a great friend, and he had never found anyone. Neville looked at Harry nervously, as if he was afraid Harry was going to say he hated that or that they couldn't be friends anymore. Harry smiled at him and he relaxed. "I'm really happy for you guys, I mean it."