Chapter 13: Blames, Truths...

Harry couldn't wait until after work. He let himself on break and apparated straight to Draco's front door. He let himself in using alohomora, and started yelling, "MALFOY! MALFOY GET OUT HERE NOW!"

"Potter?" he heard from the top of the stairs, "What are you doing in my house?" Harry saw Draco's head come over the railing. Draco said it in an entitled way, but his face looked happy to see Harry. He came down the stairs to greet Harry.

Harry, however, was blind with rage. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MALFOY! YOU TOLD! YOU FUCKING TOLD RITA SKEETER! I KNOW IT WAS YOU!"

Draco froze where he stood about ten feet away from Harry. He looked as if he had been stunned. "I–" he started to say.

But Harry cut him off, "Save it." He turned away from Draco, unable to look at his face, "Whatever this is, is over." and with that Harry disapparated back to the Ministry.

***

It took Harry a long while to calm his breathing. When he finally did, he wrote letters back to each of his kids. He told them it was true, but not to worry about him, and that he was sorry for not telling them all of it before.

He got letters back from Lily and James:

Dad, It's alright. I understand why you didn't tell us, but it's getting quite tiring to learn things about you from the paper when you're our dad. People keep asking me about it. What do I do? Love, Lily

Good. I would never want to lose you, dad. I love you. Why didn't you tell us though? I get it if Al and Lily are too young, but I'm nearly 17 dad, you could have told me. -James

Ginny stopped by his office in the afternoon and gave him a hug. She still wanted to comfort Harry. He had always been family and he always would be to her. Harry felt the same way about her.

He got an owl from Hermione telling him to come by her and Ron's place that night for dinner. That she needed to talk to him.

Albus never wrote back.

***

After work Harry took the floo network to Ron and Hermione's. Ron was waiting for him on the couch, "Harry!" he said with a smile and gave Harry a hug. "How are you doing?"

"Fine." he lied.

"Fine. Bloody fine, he says." Ron says to himself, "Hermione! Harry's here." he called out behind him.

"Harry!" Hermione said urgently as she ran down the stairs and also gave him a hug, "I have to tell you something!"

"Jeez, let the man breath, love. Tea, Harry?" Ron asks, gesturing for Harry to sit.

"Sure." Harry sits on the coach. Hermione sits next to him.

"Oh, Harry, I'm so sorry this happened!"

"It's not your fault Hermione. It's mine."

"What? How is it your fault? You know already who did it?"

"I've got a pretty good guess ya, the only person it could be. Draco Malfoy."

Crash from the kitchen, Ron must have been just as stunned as Hermione and dropped the tea cup.

Hermione looked taken a back, "What do you mean, Harry? How could it be Draco's fault?

"I told him." Harry said looking down at his feet. He couldn't stand to look at Hermione, what would she think about him trusting Draco?

Ron had come back from the kitchen with a fresh tea cup which he placed in front of Harry on the coffee table, and sat himself down in the chair next to the coach. "Why the bloody hell would you tell Draco Malfoy that?" Ron disliked saying that Harry tried to killed himself aloud almost as much as Harry did.