Chapter 14: ...and Apologies

Harry thought of writing him a letter asking to talk but he had a feeling Draco would just rip it up before reading it. So, the day after his talk with Ron and Hermione, Harry apparated to Draco's house again. This time he rang the bell and waited at the door.

Draco opened the door with a surprised look, "What are you doing here?" he didn't sound angry, honestly he sounded a bit sad.

"Can I speak with you?"

"I don't feel like being blamed and yelled at again, Potter." Draco masked the sadness in his voice now; he was trying to sound angry. He felt torn about Harry being here. He still fancied Harry. The day they shared at Hogwarts was one of the best of his life. But it seemed like that was all over because Harry believed that he was the one to tell Rita Skeeter about his issues.

"I won't. I was wrong to. May I come in?" Harry hoped Draco would let him in. What if he didn't want to hear it?

But Draco wordlessly stepped aside and let Harry in. They sat across from each other in the living you.

Draco waited silently for Harry to speak. "I'm so sorry." Harry finally started, "I know it wasn't you, and I never should have assumed..." he trailed off.

"I would never do that to you... I..." Draco wanted to tell Harry how he felt about him, he just couldn't.

But he didn't have to, "I care for you, Draco." Harry said, looking at him.

Draco smiled wide, then he joked, "Since when do you use my first name, Potter?"

"Since today." Harry smiled, "If that's alright with you." he added.

"Just don't expect me to start using Harry, Potter." He said, still smiling.

"Why not?" Harry said, he was kind of sick of them using last names. It seemed a bit ridiculous now that they were friends and well... maybe something more.

"It's weird name. Your not hairy at all. I would know." Draco said with a smirk.

Harry blushed and felt the warmth run through him and down into his pants, but he didn't acknowledge it. "And you're a dragon, Draco?" Harry said sarcastically.

"Sure am, Potter!" They both laughed. Then they were quiet.

"I'm really sorry again, Draco." Harry said. Draco crossed to the room to sit next to Harry on the couch.

"I can see how you would think it was me. I'm the only person besides your little friends who knew right?" It was more of a rhetorical question. Draco had already figured this is why Harry blamed him. Draco continued on, "I want you to trust me... Harry." Despite the conversation they just had, it was really odd for Harry to hear Draco say his first name to him.

"Because I want this to work. I want you." Draco finally admits. He felt like he should be honest with Harry. Draco was never really open with anyone in his life, but he knew he would have to be  if he wanted the golden boy. "I've always wanted you. And I'm not used to not getting what I want."

"Is that why you were so mean to me as kids?" Harry asked, looking back on their past in a different light for the first time.

"Partly, I think it was that and I think it was a lot of denial." Draco felt like he could really open up to Harry now. The only other person he ever felt this way with was his late wife, but that had been so different. "I didn't want to like you, I didn't want to be gay, I didn't want anyone to find out that I was gay or that I liked you, and to be quite frank, I was always a bit jealous of you."

"Jealous of me? My life hasn't been all glory, you know." Harry scoffed.

"You got all the attention." Draco continued in earnest, "I was used to the center of attention back then, and I liked it. Everyone loved you, still do."

"Debatable."

"No matter what people say about you, you will always be the boy who is defeated... Voldemort." Draco was not used to saying the name, but there was no point in fearing it any longer. Draco had watched him die - watched Harry Potter kill him - and he was never coming back. "And there will always be people who love you for that. You ended a war, Harry Potter, nothing will change that."

"Sometimes I wish I could. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed some of the glory. But at this point in my life, I just want to live. I can't stand the reporters trying to find out things about me and the people wanting to know every detail of my life. I just want to be happy... And you make me really happy, Draco."

Harry looked at Draco and Draco back at him. Then Harry leaned over and kissed him, long and hard. The men wrapped their arms around each other: Harry's hands on Draco's neck, Draco's fingers running through Harry's messy hair.

***

A few days later Rita Skeeter announced her "retirement" from her job at the Daily Prophet, but Harry heard through Hermione that she was forced into retirement after the Ministry became aware of her animagus status. However, the Ministry didn't want thousands of lawsuits that were to surely come if it got out that she was an unregistered animus and that was how she was getting her stories on people. So it was kept under the radar; she was fined and forced to register as an animagus, but didn't have to do any time in Azkaban.

Meanwhile, Draco easily forgave Harry. He was far too happy about the fact that Harry felt the same way for him to hold a grudge. The two men started secretly seeing each other. Neither of them really wanted it all over the news, since the relationship was so new. Not to mention that they didn't want their kids finding out yet.

Herminone and Ron remained the only people who knew, though Harry was reluctant to give them details. It was something, for the time being, that was really just between Harry and Draco. And Harry had never been more happy.

Neither had Draco. The sex blew Harry's mind everytime. It was like discovering a new branch of magic he never knew existed. And they did a lot of it. But they also spent quiet nights in, and occasionally went out but were careful not to show any PDA.

Draco didn't mind sneaking around. He was much more conformable with his sexality at this point than Harry was, and he didn't really care if people found out he was gay. It might cause a bit of trouble with his mother. They had never really spoken about it, but Draco had his suspicions that she knew, or at least had her own suspicions about it. Draco was just so happy to finally have Harry as his.