Chapter 12: The Past Coming Back

TRIGGER WARNING: mention of PTSD, depression and suicide

As Harry walked through the lobby of the Ministry of Magic on his way to his office, his mind was so wrapped up in his thoughts about yesterday with Draco, that he almost didn't notice the Daily Prophet headline as he pasted the stands. But out of the corner of his eye, he caught his name. When he read the front page, he knew he would have to buy a paper today.

Harry Potter More Unstable Than We Thought? - PTSD, Depression and Suicide Attempt

It has finally come to light that everything that happened nearly 25 years ago, did get to Harry Potter's head. A source confirmed that Mr. Potter recently told them about his struggles with PTSD and depression since his defeat of He-Would-Must-Not-Be-Named. But that's not all, the source also said that Mr. Potter admitted that he attempted to kill himself about a year after the Battle of Hogwarts. As of now, there are no details on how he attempted to take his own life, but Mr. Potter did say that "so many people died that day" and that he felt like he "should have been dead." Surely, the great Harry Potter must have been driven mad by the guilt of everyone who died trying to protect him because he was 'The Chosen One'.

There is no denying that Harry Potter did a great service to our world, but he did kill using one of the Unforgivable Curses. There have also been claims that he used the other two on his way to get to The Dark Lord. Is this really a man we want working in our Ministry? Is he stable enough to do so? The source wanted to stay anonymous, but their claims clearly aline with what has been happening in Mr. Potter's life. Harry and his wife, Ginny Potter, recently divorced. Could this be the real reason why? Could Mr. Potter be so damaged and deranged that he has secretly been a terrible husband and father? Maybe Mrs. Potter was finally getting herself and her kids out of the grasp of an insane man who has tricked us on into thinking he is a noble hero.

By: Rita Skeeter

Harry couldn't even process what he just read, his mind still not fully in the present. He had been slandered more times than he could count at this point, but this... this was true. Most of it at least. Harry, of course, had never used Avada Kedavra, but had used the other two. He does have depression, PTSD, and he did try to kill himself all those years ago. It was something Harry still didn't like to think or talk about, and now the whole wizarding world knew.

Harry absentmindedly continued onto his office and sat down to work. He got four letters that day:

I'm so sorry dad. I want you to know I didn't tell a soul. Is the rest true? Did you really try to kill yourself back then? -James

Oh dad, I can't believe it got out. I didn't say anything to any of my friends I swear! James and Al told me they didn't tell anyone either. How could it have gotten out? The rest of it is surely fake right dad? Love, Lily

I didn't tell anyone dad, not even Scorpius, but I thought we told each other stuff. You lied to me. Al

and last one wasn't signed but he recognized his ex-wife's rushed handwriting,

I can't believe what that woman wrote! How could Johnson let her run this unsubstantiated! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, knowing what he lets her get away with! I swear they're sleeping together. But, Harry, who could have possibly told?

The only people who ever knew about his attempt to take his own life were Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Molly, Arthur, and Minerva. He couldn't stop his mind from slipping back to that day...

***flashback***

(TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDE ATTEMPT - skip down to the next *** if you don't want to read it)