Author's Note

I started this story when I was probably around 15 years old. I originally had a big plan that (TW) ended with Voldemort's daughter escaping from Azkaban, Draco sacrificing himself to defeat her, and Harry killing himself after seeing Draco dead. Sorry if this sounds like a way better story than the one you just read, but I don't remember any of the details (and it also was a bit dark with the ending). It was supposed to be pretty much a full length Harry Potter 8, but I knew I was never going to finish that, which is way I gave up. 

Years later during the 2020 quarantine, and I was rereading Harry Potter. I fell in love with the books, movies, fan theories, memes, and drarry shipping all over again. There was only rough drafts of the first four chapters of this story published, but a few people had commented on how much they liked it. I decided to give writing it another shot, picking it up right where I left off at Chapter 5, roughly 4 years after I had abandoned it one paragraph in.

As I wrote it got longer and longer; I originally only planned about 18 chapters. I also went back and completely rewrote chapters 1-4 so the writing quality would better fit with the rest of the story. I'm now a Creative Writing minor in university, and I would like to think I'm a much better writer than I was when I originally started the story. It may be a very different story than originally planned, but I'm really proud of it. 

However even at 15, I wanted it to be a realistic story (at least for the wizarding world). It was never supposed to be just a romance, and I think I've really achieved that. This isn't just a Drarry story, it's a continuation of Harry's life after Cursed Child. In that way it's like the 8th Harry Potter book I had planned to write. It is a story that spans pretty much one year starting with Harry coming out to Ginny in September and ending with Harry's birthday in July.

I hope you guys enjoyed reading my story, and that it brings you as much happiness as it brought to me to write it... 

"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it."

***

My DMs are always open for questions about the story, any mistakes you catch in my writing , or if you ever want help with or feedback on your own work. I've love to create a little writers community on here where we help each other and support each other's work. 

*New note: I started my university courses now so I'm busier than before so sorry if it takes me a while to respond!