Chapter 32

"Don't do this to me, Xavier." I whined as I clung to his lap in attempt to hold him in place. "You can't leave me alone with these two, they're about to do it on the couch."

Xavier and I were currently sitting on the couch opposite of Mason and Theo as we watched a movie. We were having a lazy morning after the large event of meeting the pack last night. I also had a meeting with Andrea later on so we had hoped to relax beforehand but my mate was trying to destroy my peaceful state in his arms by going to the kitchen for a snack. Xavier was chuckling at me and my clingy actions as he's been trying to get out from under me for ten minutes now. "Sunshine, like I told you before, I'm only going to the kitchen to get some chips and popcorn for us and then you can cling to me again."

Surprisingly the confidence I gained with the pack last night had yet to wear off so I was basking in it while I could. I simply pouted at Xavier as I whined, "Please, don't make me move I'm comfortable."

Looking at me for a few seconds Xavier finally sighed and relaxed into the back of the couch. "Fine, you win."

I let out a cheer as I moved to settle my face back into the expanse of his chest but it quickly became a shriek as Xavier jumped up from the couch and took me with him. I wrapped my arms around his to chest to keep my balance in his arms and began to chastise him. "Hey, you traitor. You tricked me."

He just looked down at me with a smirk and played dumb. "What are you talking about? I would do no such thing."

I shot back an unimpressed look as I grumbled, jamming my head into the crook of his neck. I closed my eyes as I tried to relax with the sway of Xavier's steps. When his stride became short I knew he had made it into the kitchen and pulled back to examine his face. He only looked at me with admiration before putting me down on the kitchen counter and leaving me to grab the popcorn and chips from the cupboard.

I merely watched him as he moved around the kitchen, placing the popcorn packet into the microwave before turning to dump some of the chips into a bowl. As he completed that he made his way back over to me, doing something I wasn't expecting. Strolling up to where I was he placed his hands on either side of my thighs, trapping me within the confinements of his body.

I got caught up in the proximity of his face with mine as I failed to hear his words. "Wait, what did you say?"

Xavier chuckled at my absent mind before the mischievous look crawled onto his face with a smirk. "I said, did you just want to come with me so you could get me alone? Are you trying to kiss me, Sunshine?"

And with that all of my confidence deflated, my usual tomato face exploding across my features as I squeaked and hid my face in my hands. This only resulted in booming laughter from Xavier who apparently thought this whole situation was hilarious.

The laughter continued for several minutes straight as he began to sound out of breath, making me frown. Though the smile quickly made its way onto my face as I put my plan into action. Continuing to hide my face in my hands I began to sniffle and act as if I was crying, tiny whines exiting my mouth.

As I increased the sounds of my sniffling Xavier's laughter quickly depleted as I heard him move closer, his torso hitting my knees. Hands slowly wrapped around my wrists as Xavier began to whisper, "Anna? Are you alright, I promise you I didn't mean to make you upset, I- I was just messing around. I'm so sorry I didn't think you would be hurt by-."