Chapter 40

With only ten minutes to spare, we were scrambling to prepare ourselves for what was about to go down. We had come up with a fully detailed plan that we wanted to follow step-by-step. One wrong move may result in the death of Mason and we refused to go that route.

"Alright everybody, are we ready for this? Once the signal is given its vital that we launch into action or else something may go wrong. We all know what's at stake so this must go according to plan." Everyone nodded in agreement at Xavier's mini speech, getting ramped up and ready to fight.

We all knew it was going to be a fight to the death on their part but we still weren't sure what exactly to do with them. Should we fight them to the death and let them die immediately or shall we give them a slow and painful death? We decided to make that decision when we got there.

The six of us walked out to our clearing in the formation of a line, Andrea behind us all as she was hiding what was important - the protective item. We were going to conceal the item so they would least expect it, the only sign of us having the protective powers being the ribbons from the stick itself wrapped around our wrists.

We stopped as we arrived at the place we confronted last, seeing that they were entering from the surrounding forest and only seconds away from us. I took a deep inhale in hopes of calming my nerves while praying everything would go according to plan.

Tears pricked my eyes as they stood in front of us, all a part of our scheme. As they came to a halt, Roger gave a sickly smile as he eyed my body up and down.

"So have we decided to hand my lovely little sweetheart over or would you guys like to join her parents in hell?"

My breathing stopped for a minute as I processed his words, clearly indicating that they had killed my parents. My eyebrows met in the middle of my forehead when I realized that I only felt a sense of relief rather than any remorse. I guess that's what happens when your parent's are cold-blooded abusers who solicit their daughter for their own profit.

Reading my expression as sorrow, Roger pouted and talked to me as if I was a toddler. "Aw, did the poor baby think her parents were still alive? They were trying to find you too, but then it occurred to us that we could get you back for free if they weren't involved. So we removed the issue."

Interrupting Roger's spewing of words, Xavier spoke up. "Can we get to the point here? You're really starting to piss me off."

Roger looked at Xavier with surprise before chuckling the abrupt rudeness off. "Alright, boy. Did you choose the easy way or the hard one?"

With an expression made of stone, Xavier stepped towards me as I began to let the tears fall. "Please don't do this, Xavier. We're mates you can't do this to me, please!" I sobbed out as he grabbed my arm and dragged me to meet in the middle of our two groups.

"The easy way." He groveled out, his monotone act making him seem as he cared for nothing in the world.

Roger's eyebrows rose as his pack mates looked at each other with shock and relief that they wouldn't be forced to fight anyone today. "Good choice, boy. Hand her over and we'll be on our way."

Xavier brought us closer and closer to Roger with intimidatingly small steps before he stopped right in front of him. "Oh and there was one thing I forgot to mention." Xavier stated as he stared Roger dead in the eyes. "I still need to cut your dick off. Now!" He bellowed as he served a punch directly to Roger's unexpecting face, a sickening crunch echoing around us.

In tune, our Beta's and Xavier's parents rushed forward and attacked my former customers, throwing punches and kicks in any place they could. As they took them on, Xavier faced off with Roger as I looked around for my own opponent.