Chapter 37

Staring at myself in the mirror, I ran my hands down the soft material of my dress as I was still in shock at how beautiful Andrea and Theo made me. While Andrea focused on my hair, Theo stole the show as he surprised me with his make-up abilities. Apparently this kid was well aware of how to do the perfect smoky eye with a variety of warm browns as well as the perfect amount of foundation and contouring powders to avoid the look of having dreaded cake face. My lips were coated in a neutral pink shade that managed to tie the whole look together. It all left me wondering if he was a closeted drag queen, which would just make him ten times cooler than he already is.

Andrea worked hard on my hair in tune with the strokes of Theo's brushes. She curled all of my strands into soft waves that cascaded down my back and pulled two pieces of hair into a cute twisted half up-do, that fully elevated the look.

Though I was fully impressed, it was the dress that took my breath away. The blush tone made my skin glow as it gently touched the floor, making my form appear taller than usual. The floral lace travelled across my torso and up over my shoulders giving me an appearance of elegance and charm. I let out a sigh as I swished the tulle back and forth, entranced by its beauty.

Theo and Andrea re-entered the room, clearly assuming I was done changing and both gasped when their eyes fell upon me.

"Oh, dear, you just look so stunning. My son is going to faint when he sees you!" Andrea exclaimed as she clasped her hands in front of her face which had a huge smile plastered on it.

Theo was standing with his arms crossed as he looked me up and down. "Damn, girl. You could turn me straight looking like that."

I burst out laughing as I thanked both of them for the compliments and for taking the time to help get me ready. As we all know, I have next to no experience in that department and I would've came out looking like a hot mess otherwise.

Now that I had the chance to look, both of them had changed while I did, Theo dressed in a classic black tuxedo and black tie while Andrea was in a stunning red dress that hugged her curves and gave off a look of power. Complimenting them both Andrea simply shrugged me off before stating, "Oh there's no need for that dear, we need to get going now anyway. I'm sure Carter will be following me like a lost puppy for the rest of the night full of compliments so I've got many coming my way." Joining me by the mirror, she wrapped her arm around mine before leading me to the doorway. "Now, let's go melt some men's hearts you two."

I chuckled as we started to ascend the staircase, seeing our three mates at the bottom. As soon as they could see us it was obvious, as three jaws nearly hit the floor. For once it was me giving Xavier a smirk as his eyes widened and he seemed to be salivating at just the sight of me. Deciding to go the confident route, the second I was on the landing I walked straight towards him and placed my hand under his chin, pushing his mouth shut. "You better close your mouth before you catch flies, my Moon."

At this Xavier's jaw clamped shut, his whole face becoming a tomato as he began to scratch the back of his head. Coming out as a soft whisper he stated, "You looking remarkable, Sunshine."

A blush of my own contoured my cheeks as I smiled and latched onto his suit. "Thank you, so do you." He was wearing a tight-fitting navy blue tuxedo that stuck to the contours of his muscles and made him look even better than usual. And that's saying a lot.

Xavier seemed to have snapped out of his embarrassment as he clasped his hand with mine and gave me a goofy grin. "Shall we join the party or would you like to keep me all to yourself?"

I rolled my eyes before dragging him behind me with our hands and out the doors to the gala set up. Andrea was definitely right about it being even more stunning on the night of the actual gala then beforehand.