chapter 6

I hide from Jacob during the first half of the day. It wasn't easy as I can't move without it hurting everywhere. When the bell for lunch rang I darted into Slades room.

He looks up and smiles at me. "Where is your lunch?"

I look away. I can't really tell him that I never eat lunch because my dad won't let me.

"I'm not hungry." I hate lying to him.

"I don't believe you. Here eat my lunch that I brought. I can get something later." He threw his lunch at me.

I blush. "Thanks."

I sit down and start to eat as I stare at him. He is so sexy.

 "Like the view?" He chuckled out.

 I blush more. "Yes actually. You are sexy."

He looked at me surprised and laughed. "Thanks. Too bad I don't swing your way."

My heart dropped and I looked out the window. It was stupid of me to think he might like me.

 "Yeah to bad."

Slade sighed. "Look you will find someone ok? Let's talk about something else."

I looked at him. "Like what?"

"You!" He exclaimed

"Are you sure you don't like me? Cause you seemed a little obsessed." I stare at him trying not to laugh.

He rolled his eyes. "You have something about you that I can't explain. I want to know more. I feel like I should protect you."

I shrug. "First time someone has wanted to protect me. And to know me. It’s weird for me to have some much attention. I don’t need protection though"

He sat beside me. "How about I ask you stuff? Favorite color?"

"Blue." I said thinking of his eyes.

"Movie? And music?"

"I'm not allowed to watch movies our listen to music." I shift uncomfortably in my seat. Not looking at him and I am praying he doesn’t ask why.

"Can we just talk about you instead?" I pose to him. I don’t want so much attention on me. I hate lying to him and he can’t figure out what is going on with me. My father will kill me if he does.

 He looks set me strangely. "Sure."

I think for a moment. "Tell me about your family."