chapter 20

I stared at them not knowing if I should say yes or no. Chris was buried into Jacob side shaking. Jacobs arms were wrapped around him and his eyes were begging me to let them stay. I sighed.  I ordered some wolves to make sure none had followed them here.

“Yes. I can see you are telling the truth. Chris? Will you come with me for a minute?” I asked him gently. I knew how sick my father was.

Chris look at me scared and I smiled gently at him.  “I am not him. Please?”

Chris nodded and followed me into the cottage. I sat him down and let him get comfortable.

“I know you didn’t tell Jacob what all happened to you. If you did Jacob would be dead. He would have freaked out and tried to attack my father. But I need you to tell me.” I took his hands in mine gently rubbing them.

“He didn’t do much. He whipped me and beat me to get Jacob to follow orders.” Chris whispered.

“Did you get injected with silver or meet tom?” I spat out Toms name.

Chris shook his head no and I sighed in relief. “Good. I am sorry that this happened to you. It is my fault but you will be ok.” I smiled at him.

Jacob bust in with a worried look and ran to Chris. He scooped him up in his arms and held him tight. I scowled at him for breaking my door.

“Sorry Milo.” Jacob said with his face in Chris neck.

“Yeah well you’re going to fix my door.” I grumped out.

Chris laughed and calmed Jacob down.

I smiled at them. “I have your room ready in the pack house. You are safe here. Although watch out for Pixie she is a little crazy and might try to keep you as a pet.”

“I am NOT crazy you jerk.” She called from the kitchen.

I smirked and rolled my eyes. Pixie walked in and sat in my lap.

“So they are staying?” Pixie asked

I nodded and rested my head on her.

“Are you together?” Jacob asked confusedly

“No. I only trust 3 people to touch me and I need constant comfort.” I told him honestly. “Pixie is the room ready for them?”

“Yeah. I have someone outside for them now to show them where to go.” She smiled at them and shooed them outside.

I sighed against her. “I miss Rex and Ax. I am so stressed”

She sighed to. “I miss Rex. You know he is my brother right?”

“WHAT? I had no clue. I feel dumb.” I laughed “Do you know what was wrong with Rex before he left?”

“Yes. When Ax and Rex first got together Ax said he didn’t want kids. He meant right then but Rex thought forever and taking care of you recently has made him want pups. So Rex didn’t say anything and was distancing himself.” She rolled her eyes. “He is overdramatic. They are so cute together though.”

“Are you upset that you haven’t found your mate yet?” I wondered.

“I don’t want to have a mate. Guys get stronger but what do girls get? Stuck in the house. I am the Beta but if I have a mate HE will be Beta. I will be told to cook dinner or some girly crap. I am a fighter but my mate will be too worried about me and make me stay here.” She growled.

I laughed. “Ok Ok! Calm down! You don’t have to have a mate. You haven’t met him yet so maybe you won’t” She grinned at that thought.

I rolled my eyes at her.

The next morning we were sitting in the kitchen with Jacob and Chris while Pixie was making breakfast when Rex bust in with Ax trailing behind him.

“How DARE you! Leave me alone!” Rex growled.

“WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!!! I haven’t done anything Rex and you are going all crazy on me!” Ax yelled back at him.

“You are the worst mate EVER! I HA…” His voice was muffled by my hand over his mouth.

“Don’t say anything you regret. “ I warned. “Ax loves you. He planned a whole trip out for you and wants to make you happy. Instead of being happy that he loves you so much you hide what is really wrong with you. Grow up Rex and tell him what is really wrong instead of taking it out on cause he doesn’t know!” I growled.

Rex looked shocked at me and Ax looked worried.  I pushed him to Ax and growled.

“Baby. Please! What did I do? Im sorry! I love you!”Ax nuzzled Rex.

“I want kids! I want us to have pups! I know you don’t want kids though.” Rex whimpered.

Ax laughed and shook his head at Rex. Rex pushed him back upset and went to run off. Ax grabbed at him and tugged at him. “Baby. I love you. I would do anything for you. When I said I didn’t want kids I meant then not forever.”

Rex grinned and jumped up kissing him wrapping his arms around his neck and legs around his waist. Ax stumbled back and laughed against his mouth. He nibbled on Rex’s neck and muttered. “Lets go upstairs.”

Pixie and I laughed as Ax stumbled up the stairs with Rex still on his waist kissing him.

“At least someone will have a happy family.” I smiled down at my hands.