21 | sssssunbae

🎵 Be Kind - Marshmello, Halsey

= I don't know why you hide from the one and close your eyes to the one, mess up and lie to the one that you love... When you know you can cry to the one, always confide in the one, you can be kind to the one that you love. =

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"Must I spell it out?" Hera scowled. "You and Jong-dae-sun-bae?"

My hands loosened and the bowl of rice I just refilled crashed to the floor. Her eyes scrutinised my reaction, making it hard for me to pretend anymore. I gulped, blinked, and tried to stay composed before finally forming a response. "What do you know?"

"That's the first thing you have to say to me? What else do I have to know?" Hera crossed her arms, still watching me closely.

"Hey, what's up?" Lia rushed over after I caused a mess on the floor. Neither me nor Hera were cleaning up the rice I spilled on the floor.

"I-I should know what you know if I'm going to explain everything," I stupidly defended, even though that wasn't my actual reason.

"No, you never had the intention to tell us anything." Hera muttered in distaste, and Lia kept looking between us in confusion.

"What's wrong, you two?" She asked when she finally sensed the tension.

"Ask her, if she's even gonna tell you anything," Hera muttered lowly and walked away. I get that she was upset at me for hiding it, but I couldn't understand why she got so mad and I couldn't leave the matter like this.

I chased her and stopped her right after we left the canteen. "What's wrong with you? It's not like I lied to you on purpose. And nothing about this matter puts you at a disadvantage."

"I don't see a point in this conversation anymore. Why are we talking? Why bother about me? I'm not your mum or your best friend so you don't have to understand how I feel."

"Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now?" I frowned at her.

"When you talk, it's common sense but when I talk, it's ridiculous? When you ask something, it's perfectly okay but when I ask you something, I'm being nosy?"

"That's not what I mean-"

"I get that you're cold to people you're not familiar with, Jisoo. I accept that you're just being you. But words can still hurt, you know? The way you speak shows just how little we mean to you. It's so obvious that you don't see me the same way I see you. You don't treasure me as a friend."

That was not true, but I felt a rush of guilt somehow. "I..."

"Save your excuses, I'm not trying to force a secret out of you. I'm just tired of being a friend that you won't see eye to eye with." Hera said and turned on her heels.

"Hey," I took a step forward when she was about to leave. "Dude, don't just leave. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I repeated louder each time in case she couldn't hear me, though I was sure she did. It was super rare for me to get flustered in a situation like this, but I truly was, which made me realise that I valued this friendship more than my face.

I ran up to Hera again, with Lia following behind.

"Sorry? Do you even know what you're sorry for?" Hera frowned, not buying my apology completely.

"My best friend from four years ago deceived me and kidnapped me for ransom, guys. I almost lost my life because of her," I suddenly confessed, and the angry look on Hera vanished.