08 | ♛ | Redamancy

E I G H T
redamancy

E I G H Tredamancy

A.E.C

o c t o b e r

'YOU'VE CHOSEN YOUR TOP three already?"

The disbelief in his voice makes my lips twitch but I try my best to subdue it by saying "Well no but I do have a rough ranking."

He opens the door for me, and we walk into the chicest bakery I know.

Bottega Dolcezza is owned by a close friend of ours, there are very few people who have as much culinary talent as Jasmine Alderige does, which is why she was an obvious choice for making our wedding cake.

It's a joint restaurant and marketplace, spread all over the world, the restaurant serves an array of cuisines whereas the marketplace sells any and all types of pastries-macaron, croissants, cinnamon rolls, you name it.

It's a huge expanse of space with high ceilings from which a bed of upside down florals hangs. The floor is a stunning pattern of black and white mosaic tiles that compliments the very pale and dusty pink of the walls.

Marble counters and arched shelves display the delectable sources of the aroma that is the signature to every single Bottega Dolcezza-cocoa and vanilla-one that wraps around to greet you like a warm hug.

The gold and pink orb lights along with the velvet couches curving over marble tables elevate the space, coming together to give the cafe its own unique and iconic identity. I absolutely adore it here and Adrian holds much of the same sentiments because both of us have considerable sweet tooths.

The last time we were here for the consultation Blair set up, Jasmine had pulled out all the stops, filling out champagne flutes with the gold bubbly and presenting us with ten cake flavours, each of which had two separate icing options.

Our homework had been to narrow the selection down to five and then out of those five, we were today going to choose our top three and eventually settle on a favourite.

Jas and Blair are already seated on couches at the back which serves as the semi-private area for tastings and consultations, talking animatedly over gigantic cups loaded with chocolate shreds.

Jas spots us first, looking absolutely stunning in the floral dress that reaches her calves, the fabric stretching over her massive baby bump, she's about to pop any day now, ready to welcome her first child-a baby boy.

Her rich brown hair is loose waves falling over her shoulders and her tan skin is practically glowing as she smiles wide, pure joy on her face "You guys just missed Aaron, he left minutes ago."

Her smile only grows at the mention of her husband, Aaron Alderige, who was also part of our batch at Ailes and for a moment as I hug her, I find myself longing for what she has and in its wake an ache settles in me at knowing I might never have it.