n i n e

hearing about the ferry accident was another thing, but being there was a completely different thing

hearing about the ferry accident was another thing, but being there was a completely different thing. farah miller, had never been more terrified and the day had played out ever so normal.

farah started out with her usual rounds, whilst alex flirted with the nurses and mark sloan tortured interns. farah found herself talking to the chief, he told her about how they had a quiet board and a quiet board never brought good things. last time they had a quiet board, terrible things happened. farah was already on her toes. when she was paged by bailey, it scared the living daylights out of her. she was dressed into her trauma suits and into an ambulance before anyone could ask what had happened. "what happened?" farah questioned. "i have no clue," bailey said, she seemed frightened as well. "all i know is that it is suspected mass casualties.." bailey said, her eyes going to the ground.

when they arrived, farah was petrified. she assisted with some patients, there was a lot of burn victims. which would be suspected after a ferry crashed into a dock. farah spotted a young little girl, she seemed to of wet her pants. "hey, do you know where you parents are?" farah questioned, the young girl shook her head and quickly took a hold of farah's hand as farah knelt down to her height. "okay, what's your name?" the girl didn't answer, she seemed to frightened to reply. "okay, that's alright. i'm farah. are you hurt?" farah asked. the girl shook her head. "okay, let's take you to triage." farah then begin leading the girl.

as she did so, she saw a man climb up the dock and seeming to have a problem with his leg. farah asked the ambulance to take care of the girl as farah took care of the guy. farah knelt down to the guy, beginning to treat his leg when she saw the little girl come back. "sweetie, listen to me," farah started, "i need you to turn around, i know i told you to face away from me but we have to work together to help this man." farah said, the girl turned around but didn't say a word. "i don't talk either when i get scared." farah said, the girl seemed to appreciate that. "you know those things your mum would pull a splinter out with?" farah questioned, the young girl nodded. "okay, can you please go to my kit and grab something that looks like them, just a little bit bigger." farah instructed, the girl did so. farah thanked her. the man begin to stress about being late for his interview, farah had put her jacket over him. "sir don't move!" farah tried to calm the man, as he begin to try to get up. farah soon fell over the edge of the dock, the little girl turning and wandering off to find someone to help her find her mum.

the paramedic found the guy farah had treated, "what you got?" derek questioned the paramedic. "nearly severed leg," he replied. "but he had his artery tied off so that's something." the paramedic added. derek nodded. "do you know who tied off the artery?" derek questioned, "was it dr. miller? this is her jacket." derek questioned. "we found him like this, she must've moved on." the paramedic informed.

derek soon spotted the little girl he had spotted farah with earlier, "hey, are you okay?" derek questioned. the young girl nodded, "did farah bring you here?" he then asked again, the girl shook her head no. "is farah okay?" the girl then shook her head again. derek frowned, "where's farah?" he questioned, the girl looked around before she pointed out to the ocean. a panicked look set in on derek's face.

"what do we got?" bailey questioned the paramedic, frowning when she saw derek jump out, "jane doe, hypothermic drowning-" the paramedic begin before derek cut in. "she is not a jane doe. it's farah miller. it's farah." he told bailey. bailey's face fell, she then frowned at how upset derek was- she had no clue farah and him were that close. "derek, how long has she been down?" bailey quizzed. "i don't know." derek replied, staring at farah. "she's alive.." derek muttered to himself. "I'll start a central line, but you have to get out of the way." richard informed, now entering the room. "we- we, uh, 3 milligram of epi down the e.t tube-" derek begin. "derek!" bailey yelled. "last dose was three minutes ago." he continued. "we should push-" "shepherd, get out." the chief told derek. derek continued to ignore their pleas, "i think we should push just 1 at-atropine." derek continued. "i think i saw something reactivity in her pupils, before the atropine. i think she might have actually had some cardiac activity-" derek continued, before richard cut him off. "shepherd get out." derek, with some force, moved out of the trauma room.

"okay, she has a new 18-gauge in her left a.c." one of the surrounding doctors informed, "push 1 epi through it." they continued. "give me a warm blanket. her temp is still only at 80 degrees." bailey informed. "was that a v-fib? charge to 300." bailey quickly instructed.

after a long procedure and a couple of hours, farah was seen as a 'come back from the dead' patient. mark sat in the chair in front of her- they had managed to move pass that whole 'we slept together' thing. "who got me out of the water?" farah questioned. "shepherd," mark replied. "derek? is he okay?" farah questioned. "he's fine, a bit of a mess though. looks like he might have feelings for you after all." mark commented with a wink. "mark, my friend is practically in love with him. i'm not like you." she commented, mark faking a hurt look. "but, please send him in."

derek's appearance kind of shocked farah, his hair was messed up, there was some tear stains down his face. "jeez, who died?" farah joked, derek coughed up a small laugh. "but seriously, thank you. you saved my life." farah thanked. "i'd do it any day really," derek replied. "hm, i guess you do save lives for a living." farah remarked, raising her brow at him cheekily. derek still seemed off. "how's the outcome? casualties? survivors?" farah questioned. "i believe there's more survivors than casualties, which is good."
farah nodded in agreement.