s e v e n t e e n

"miller! incoming traumas, out the front right now!" richard webber informed

"miller! incoming traumas, out the front right now!" richard webber informed. farah nodded, tearing off down the hall. farah pulled on the yellow cloth, as did all the other doctors. "what happened?" farah asked mark sloan. "crane dropped materials from a building site onto the highway. believed to be a mass causality. i'm not sure." mark answered his best friend. farah nodded, "right, thanks mark." she replied, tearing off towards the first ambulance. "john doe, obvious trauma to the head, abdomen and left leg." the paramedic informed, farah nodded. "obvio-" about to make a joking remark before she saw the large piece of metal inside the mans head.

once they reached the trauma room, farah turned to the nurses. "page shepherd, torres as well as webber." farah suggested. the nurses nodded, taking off to page the surgeons. derek entered the room, "have you got mri scans?" he questioned, farah pointed to the john doe's head. "yes, derek, an mri would really help this thing." farah sarcastically replied in a joking tone. derek's eyes widened as he begin to examine the piece of metal. "it's too big, he'd never fit in the ct."'derek replied. "we're going to have to wing it." derek replied with a small shrug. farah nodded, "what can i do?" she questioned. "book an o.r, please. put general and ortho on it as well, i think this leg needs some attention," derek replied, farah nodded before running off to book an o.r.

farah miller and callie torres stood in the scrub room, "i can't believe you're not doing neuro." callie remarked, mark had warned farah that his other best friend was quite common to spurt on her thoughts. "i haven't fully decided yet, i am leaning towards ortho or plastics though." farah simply replied, giving the orthopaedic attending a smile. callie nodded, "i just think you should do what you're talented in," callie replies. "i don't want to follow in my fathers foot steps," farah said quietly before entering the o.r.

"right, miller, you'll assist shepherd." richard instructed, "and i'll help torres after." richard finished. farah and derek placed magnifying glasses on top of their scub caps, waiting for the time they'll need them.  farah and derek secured bleeders around the mans foreign object before farah steadily pulled it out. farah and derek then set to work, though farah wasn't doing much other than holding some clamps and suction. though she was grateful for the experience, who knew, maybe she'd become a double specialised doctor? farah continued to help the attending, after an twelve hour long surgery, they had managed to stabilise the man and torres had saved his leg.

farah and derek stood in the locker room, "you did great today. not many interns have the endurance to stand there for twelve hours." derek complimented. "and good job organising everything," derek also added. "did i only get the surgery because i'm going out with you or did i get it because i'm a good intern?" farah wearily questioned, she didn't want to be favoured. "no, of course not. he's your patient, you should be able to follow his treatment through to the end." derek replied with a shrug before exiting the room. farah allowed a smile to reach her face, she then rushed back out into the pit. lurking for new cases.

"miller! could use your help over here," george called out. farah rushed over, his patient was crashing. "push five of epi, bring me a crash cart." farah yelled. the crash cart was quickly wheeled over, "charge to 200, clear!" farah yelled, shocking the patient. farah glanced up at the screen, seeing george seemed a little stunned. the patient was still crashing. "charge to 300, clear." farah said, watching as the man failed to maintain rhythm. farah continued to try to resuscitate the patient for a total of 30 minutes. "time of death, 15.47." farah said, watching as george still only stood there quietly. "the autopsy will tell us what went wrong." farah replied, placing a hand on george's shoulder as she exited the room.

farah found alex, sitting on a bench outside- seeming to be in deep though. farah took a seat beside her friend, "so, how's rebecca or ava or whatever her name is?" farah questioned, she had been on the girls case when she was at the hospital. she seemed alright, though something was off about her. "um, i don't know. she was literally a crazy person." alex commented. "don't tell meredith, but she peed on one of mer's pillows." alex commented. farah's eyes widened, before she laughing. "wait, where?" farah questioned. "the couch." alex answered. farah gasped, "alex! i've slept on that couch!" farah yelled, alex begin to laugh hysterically. "i hate you." farah lowly grumbled, alex was still laughing. "i'm gonna go see how my patient is." farah said, getting up and placing her hands into the pocket of her lab coat as she made her way to the patients room.

when farah entered the room, she noticed derek sitting with the patient. "hey farah," derek greeted, "hey derek," farah quietly responded. "how's his brain activity?" farah questioned, her eyes scanning the monitors. "low, but still there which is something, i guess." derek replied. farah nodded. "want to come to
mine tonight?" derek questioned. farah smiled, "yeah of course."

later on, farah pulled up to the neurosurgeon's trailer. she liked the trailer, it just seemed homely. the bush surrounding it reminded her of where she spent most of her time as a kid. farah knocked on the door of the trailer, derek opened the door, stepping to the side to let her inside. farah chuckled as she saw him cooking. "wow, gone to such effort," farah joked, derek laughed before beginning to plate up the food. "tell me about your family," farah said, knowing it was a sensitive topic due to his sister. "um, my dad died when i was younger. i have 3 sisters and my mum," derek replied. "all girls? no wonder you're such a gentleman." farah replied, derek laughed. "tell me about your family." derek said. farah gulped, thinking on it for a second. "um, two parents. both surgeons. two siblings, fin and emerson." farah answered. derek raised a brow at her reluctance.

farah and derek lay in the trailers bed, derek was laying on his back, his arms wrapped around farah. farah had her arm loosely wrapped around derek's waist as she placed her head on his chest. the two soon fell sound asleep.