Chapter Eighteen

Louise has her dark crimson combat suit, her blonde wig on neatly with a cap on it, Bucky's old dodgers cap. She shakes her head at the cap, rolling her eyes as he made her wear it. He stands with Steve on the ledge of the snowy mountain they had hiked to earlier, the tactical zipline setup from them to assault the oncoming H.Y.D.R.A. train.

"Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky says to Steve, making Louise remember it as well, as it was the same night she had her first kiss.

"Yeah, and I threw up?" Steve responds, never knowing about the actions of that night.

"This isn't payback, is it?" Bucky asks, staring at the zipline before looking back at Louise who stood next to the Commandos.

"Now why would I do that?" Steve replies with a joking tone, turning to the Commandos as Louise moves next to Bucky.

"I remember that night." Louise speaks up, the wind blowing some snowflakes all around them, their altitude very high in the daylight as they had a view of the track carved into the snowy mountain side.

"Really, so do I." Bucky taunts back, knowing what she had meant. She chuckles to herself, her eyes staring over the mountain ranges covering in thick, deep snow.

"Why don't I redo that moment?" Bucky phrases, catching her attention as he stood before her and blocked the Commandos view of her.

Bucky leaned his head down, his hands lightly holding her close as their lips touched and they kissed. She responds passionately, savoring it, remembering it as her first kiss from him. He pulls back slightly, his lips hovering over her forehead, where he placed another soft kiss before she looked back up at him.

"Blondie." Dum Dum Dugan says from behind them, making her blush slightly as Bucky let her pull away.

"We were right. Dr. Zola's on the train. H.Y.D.R.A. dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad." Gabe Jones says from the radio next to him and Jim Morita.

"Let's get going, because they're moving like the devil." James Montgomery Falsworth says from the ledge, lowering his binoculars as the H.Y.D.R.A. sped faster and faster than normal.

"We only got about a 10-second window. You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield." Steve says as he is first to the zipline, connecting a handle to the line as Louise, Bucky, and Gabe grab their own.

"Mind the gap." James Falsworth says, as Steve watches the train, holding the handle ready as Jacques Dernier stood next to him. Jacques timed the jumps as the four runners were ready.

"Better get moving, bugs!" Dugan says, as Bucky glances to Louise as he was after Steve. She tucks the hat from her head into her suit, keeping it close and from disappearing.

"I'll be seeing you." Bucky says to her as she gives him a smile before Jacques yells.

"Maintenant!" (Now!) Jacques yells in french, Steve speedily zips down the line to the train, Bucky waits for Jacques call before following Steve, then Louise, and lastly Gabe.

The four of them land securely onto the speeding train, Bucky with Steve and Gabe with Louise. The wind and snow whooshing past them, Steve and Bucky walk down a metal train cabin, reaching the side ladder and entering a base door into the cabin. Gabe and Louise push on past their cabin, sneaking towards the first cabin where Dr. Zola was hiding.

They glanced back at an explosion, their movements shaking as they clamped onto the roof of a cabin. Steve's cart blew open at the side, as gunshots were being fired. Gabe gestures for her to continue, though she wanted to go back. She gives Gabe a nod before continuing, trusting in Steve and Bucky to make it through.

Louise stands once they reach the first cabin, the wind howling past them as Gabe had reached next to her. Louise sees the glass window, pulling her handgun from her holster as Gabe gives her a nod, meaning as her backup. She shoots once into the window, her body quickly jumping upon to break the glass to fall through.

Louise breaks the glass, falling through with shards landing below her. She holds her gun up against Zola and the train driver, Zola yelps as he stares in surprise, Gabe jumping down after her as he holds Zola up as well. She feels unease creep up her spine, her gun lowering slightly as she turns to face the back of the train cart, looking past Gabe who questioned her.

"Blondie?" Gabe speaks out, as Louise lets her mind free, extending her reach back towards Steve's and Bucky's location. A few grunts sound in the area, as Louise reached the first mind, Steve's. The feelings of grief, guilt, and anguish riddled in his mind as she could feel a sense of helplessness enter her emotions.

"Blondie?" Gabe asks again, only having a slight knowledge of her gifts. She pushes harder into Steve's mind, trying to figure his thoughts, well as much as she could from her power. Sadness takes a toll on her body, the feeling intense as she turns back to face Dr. Zola with her gun held high again. Tears threatened to fall down her cheeks, her guard slowly breaking as she knew something was wrong, horribly wrong.