16. Memories and Moltress

(Hello Pokemon fans...
I'm back!
Pokemon doesn't belong to me. The art is made by Etsy and can be found in powers3d.com.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

To say Pikachu and Eevee were wary, would be an understatement. They were in front of two very famous Fire legendaries, well known for their destructive force. It did not help at all that their partners were human cubs with curiosity a mile wide and more prominent than precaution. They still remembered the incident, when the three Mew had decided to kidnap Ash and Gary, it had made both the families go crazy with worry.

Flashback:

It was a very nice morning in Pallet Town, the sun was shining, the Pidgeys were singing and Pikachu woke up alone on their shared bed. At first, he didn't think much of it, as he thought his partner was either in the bathroom or already downstairs. He bounced to the kitchen expecting his partner to join him for breakfast.

Delia smiled as she saw Pikachu, "Good morning Pikachu, has Ash not woken up yet?"

Pikachu knew he should have noticed something was up. But he guessed, Ash was probably in the bathroom and made motion that Ash was washing his face and brushing his teeth.

Delia had become better at understanding the little electric mouse hummed, "He's in the bathroom you say."

Pikachu nodded and sat down waiting for Ash to join them. Red walked down yawning and greeting them followed by Cypress.

Cypress, "Good morning, Ash has not woken up yet?"

Lucario and Arcanine who walked in with Cypress frowned at that. They knew their cub was an early riser and was never late for breakfast.

Delia, "Oh, he's washing up in the bathroom."

Red frowned there was only one bathroom on the upper floor that he shared with Ash, "Mom, I was in the bathroom and Ash was not there."

Pikachu looked at him shocked, -What do you mean? He always goes to the bathroom first if he wakes up early to clean up.- 

Delia, "What? Oh dear."

Pikachu was getting worried and hysterical, -Where would he go?-

Lucario pat his head and released some soothing aura to calm him down, -Do not fear! I'm sure our cub, he is around here somewhere. We will find him.-

Pikachu looked at him with tears and nodded in determination. Ash could have just gone outside to his garden as well. The garden was very lush and filled with life.

Delia was worried, "Dear, he is not in the back garden. Red, check the front garden."

Red went out and said, "He's not here, Mom! Dad, Ash is missing!"

Cypress calmed his son, "Red calm down. Getting worked up over this will not help. Luc, did you feel anyone come here last night?"

Lucario who was keeping Pikachu calm looked at his partner, -No one malicious, as far as I can tell.-

Arcanine nodded, -And definitely no humans.-

Cypress explained what Lucario had told him to his wife and son, "Well at least that cuts off any of the suspects I have. Which means a Pokemon did this?"

Red looked at his father, "Dad what if the Pokemon belonged to someone?"

Cypress smirked before getting serious, "Lucario wouldn't have allowed them anywhere near. He would have found them and flushed them out. Pokemon who belong to trainers have a unique aura to them because of the trainer's bond with their Pokemon."